First time cruiser looking for best cruise to meet singles

Ajax2554

I am planning my first cruise for the second half of July later this year to the Caribbean and since I am single, I was wondering what cruises/cruise lines are great for meeting single ladies? I am 28, and hoping to meet some around my age preferably.

I am planning my first cruise for the second half of July later this year to the Caribbean and since I am single, I was wondering what cruises/cruise lines are great for meeting single ladies? I am 28, and hoping to meet some around my age preferably.

Here is a forum for Singles Cruises: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139

Cruises tend to attract couples. When I was single I would go to the "singles meet ups" listed on the official program. It was usually just me & whoever I went with . . no other people so a big waste of time.

If your goal is to meet people, you need to book a sailing designated as a "singles cruise." Use a commercial search engine to find a travel agent who has one coming up. That organization will sponsor / host specific events for your group that will be closed to the rest of the passengers.

Cruises tend to attract couples. When I was single I would go to the "singles meet ups" listed on the official program. It was usually just me & whoever I went with . . no other people so a big waste of time.

If your goal is to meet people, you need to book a sailing designated as a "singles cruise." Use a commercial search engine to find a travel agent who has one coming up. That organization will sponsor / host specific events for your group that will be closed to the rest of the passengers.

Gonna second this. Because almost all cruise cabins are sold at double occupancy, it largely attracts couples and families.

That said, if you’ve never cruises, go for it! There’s not actually anything about it a single person couldn’t enjoy. You’ll have a great adventure and tons of fun.

But don’t look at it as a way that look single ladies. There will always be SOME onboard, but unless it’s a special singles cruise, the ratio will not be in your favor. And it’s also highly likely the single women onboard will be decades older than you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Honestly, and this is JMHO, but unless its a "singles cruise" I'm not sure you will be successful in looking for any short term romance on a cruise - most female passengers aren't going to be looking for anything like the Love Boat scenario......

Some NCL ships have small single occupancy studio cabins that attract single and solo cruisers. They come with a central meeting place in a lounge, where an NCL crew member will organize dinner arrangements for anyone wishing to dine in a group.

There's usually a whiteboard where cruisers post tour info, activities etc, I would suggest that if the OP tries this line, he understands how being "solo" on a cruise differs from being "single". Cruise critic actually has different forum threads for each under specialty cruising topics.

The worst lines, IMO, for meeting other young singles/solos are longer, more expensive ones, esp. on Celebrity or Holland. The shorter w/e cruises on Carnival and RCCL attract a party crowd, but overall single/solo service is best on those NCL ships with the studio lounges.

I'm a solo traveler, and I second the idea of looking for a specific singles cruise. Otherwise, it's just utterly random as to whether you'll find someone or not, just like it is in normal life.

I've sailed on the Escape in the studios, and you certainly meet people that way (the solos all hang out together), but it's not terribly useful for finding love in most cases. You have people of all ages and walks of life, including older people, divorced people, happily single people like me, and even people who are in a relationship but the other person couldn't/didn't want to go. Solo is not synonymous with single. (By the same token, of course, there are probably some people traveling with others who are happy to get up to "no good" with a stranger after a few drinks. XD)

• 2 weeks later...
Some NCL ships have small single occupancy studio cabins that attract single and solo cruisers. They come with a central meeting place in a lounge, where an NCL crew member will organize dinner arrangements for anyone wishing to dine in a group.

There's usually a whiteboard where cruisers post tour info, activities etc, I would suggest that if the OP tries this line, he understands how being "solo" on a cruise differs from being "single". Cruise critic actually has different forum threads for each under specialty cruising topics.

The worst lines, IMO, for meeting other young singles/solos are longer, more expensive ones, esp. on Celebrity or Holland. The shorter w/e cruises on Carnival and RCCL attract a party crowd, but overall single/solo service is best on those NCL ships with the studio lounges.

Love your post. Since we sail on Oceania and Regent (part of the NCL family), we have seen how well solo cruisers are taken care of on these cruise lines.

Have to disagree that the most expensive cruise Ines should be avoided. We have 30 cruises on Regent and if you are single, what better place to meet a person who can afford a luxury cruise? Just saying!