OB booking will be allocated a V1 - V4

Lilly55

We booked OB suite. We sail on 3rd March and have just had an email direct from Seabourn with suite allocation. V6 cabin 823. Just had a look on the deck plan and I see it’s a connecting cabin. I’ve read a few bad reviews about connecting cabins, but it seems a good location, so we’re happy !

We booked OB suite. We sail on 3rd March and have just had an email direct from Seabourn with suite allocation. V6 cabin 823. Just had a look on the deck plan and I see it’s a connecting cabin. I’ve read a few bad reviews about connecting cabins, but it seems a good location, so we’re happy !

I hope it will be nice and quiet for you. If you don't mind, could you come back and post how quiet you found the room to let the rest of us know? In some cases we may have to pick a connecting cabin due to dwindling supply or be assigned a connecting cabin so we can all be reassured by your report.:) I know your trip will be wonderful, so enjoy!

We had 828, or 826 I can't remember, on the Quest. They are interconnecting cabins just opposite your cabin. We loved the location just off the pool deck. Perhaps we had great considerate neighbours but we didn't hear a thing from the adjacent cabin.

So having had a connecting cabin twice I can say much noise you hear depends on your neighbors. The first time our neighbors were exceedingly noisy and it was very bothersome. The second time I was dreading and prepared by bringing duct tape. Luckily those neighbors were quiet. I hope you end up with commiserate neighbors.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had 828, or 826 I can't remember, on the Quest. They are interconnecting cabins just opposite your cabin. We loved the location just off the pool deck. Perhaps we had great considerate neighbours but we didn't hear a thing from the adjacent cabin.

Yes, we think the location looks great, so we’ll keep our fingers crossed for considerate neighbours.

My friends were onboard recently and were allocated 826. It's a connecting suite directly across from 823.

They'd been in a connecting suite only one time previously, a few years ago, and they had experienced poor sound proofing, light coming in from the next suite etc.

This time, they heard nothing from their neighbours, except when out on the balcony. Their neighbours had a habit of leaving the balcony door open, so when my friends were out on their balcony they could hear the neighbours' tv. They couldn't hear it in the room itself.

The connecting suite doors have been replaced with much more sturdy ones since their previous experience in a. connecting suite and noise/light from next door was not an issue at all.

Also, the balcony privacy was improved, with special tape to close the gap in the divider.

This was on Sojourn. I don't know if these newer doors had been added during recent dry dock, or if they are installed on all ships, but based on this feedback from our friends I'd have no concerns about being allocated a connecting suite now. On Sojourn at least.

We sail on the 3 rd March from Barbados.

Suite not yet allocated however, last evening we were sent a mail asking do we want pay for an upgrade to a V5 or V6 balcony suite or an Owners suite or a Penthouse suite, suffice to say we declined the offer. ;p

My friends were onboard recently and were allocated 826. It's a connecting suite directly across from 823.

They'd been in a connecting suite only one time previously, a few years ago, and they had experienced poor sound proofing, light coming in from the next suite etc.

This time, they heard nothing from their neighbours, except when out on the balcony. Their neighbours had a habit of leaving the balcony door open, so when my friends were out on their balcony they could hear the neighbours' tv. They couldn't hear it in the room itself.

The connecting suite doors have been replaced with much more sturdy ones since their previous experience in a. connecting suite and noise/light from next door was not an issue at all.

Also, the balcony privacy was improved, with special tape to close the gap in the divider.

This was on Sojourn. I don't know if these newer doors had been added during recent dry dock, or if they are installed on all ships, but based on this feedback from our friends I'd have no concerns about being allocated a connecting suite now. On Sojourn at least.

Thank you for your post. This is reassuring. We are sailing on 3 March from Barbados on Odyssey, and maybe this has also had the doors replaced. First sailing on Seabourn, and I’m sure everything will be wonderful!

Can anyone please explain the difference between a V4 and V6 Suite? They are all on deck eight, the suites look exactly the same, the colours are different on the deck plan, have no idea?

The V6s are midship while the V4s are more forward. Location is the only difference in all the V suites except V1 and V2 on deck 5 which have verandahs that are half steel, half glass instead of all glass.

We have just been allocated suite 805 which we are very happy with unless someone on Cruise Critic has had a poor experience?

Nine days to go and counting down. :cool::D

More interested that you were given a V4 and have previously sailed with Seabourn.

Most first timers we have met on OB were usually given a V6

Interesting to see if this new rule is implemented for no first time Seabourn cruisers!

More interested that you were given a V4 and have previously sailed with Seabourn.

Most first timers we have met on OB were usually given a V6

Interesting to see if this new rule is implemented for no first time Seabourn cruisers!

This is most interesting to us as first timers. We just passed on an "upgrade special" to move us from an OB to Category V5 -V6. We did not think the rate was "special" enough so will take our chances and see where we end up. Pretty sure we will be happy with whatever we get on Encore.