Another Help with Questions Post

Bulzie

Hi all, going on graduation cruise with family in May and went on similar cruise few years back but wonder what has changed, etc.

1. Can you still bring 1 case of (water, soda, etc.) onto the boat?

2. How does the boarding work now. Looks like the Early Boarding option is all sold out. If we get there early, will we have to wait until after noon to board?

3. On the Cheers program, are they still fairly lax on those under 21 drinking a few(will have some 18yr old graduates going) and last time they didn't really care as long as kids were not drunk causing issues, etc.

4. Here are our ports, any suggestions for excursions for Montego Bay or Grand Cayman? We are doing Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel. So what about the other 2, any good excursions or should we avoid one of those ports?

Montego Bay

Grand Cayman

Cozumel - Mr. Sancho's

5. Speaking of Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel, was going to pre-buy the tickets and the water ticket as well. Also the 5 reservation as heard it fills up. Any thoughts on that? Do you just take a taxi there or can you get a van maybe, we will have 6 going. Also do you have to be 18 or 21 to drink there? Is reserving a chair a good idea as well? Any other tips or such on this place?

6. On dress up night, can you still just go with nice shorts and nice shirt, etc. I don't think they turn anyone away but was just wondering as we are not "dress up" type folks.

7. Insurance, is it really worth it? It is per person, not per cabin correct?

Sure I will have more but Thanks in advance.

There is a forum dedicated to Carnival. That might be the best place to get answers, but I'll try to answer what I can.

Hi all, going on graduation cruise with family in May and went on similar cruise few years back but wonder what has changed, etc.

1. Can you still bring 1 case of (water, soda, etc.) onto the boat? - You may bring up to 12 cans or boxes per person. No bottles.

2. How does the boarding work now. Looks like the Early Boarding option is all sold out. If we get there early, will we have to wait until after noon to board? - Carnival does enforce arrival times. If you arrive before your scheduled time, you will be waiting outside.

3. On the Cheers program, are they still fairly lax on those under 21 drinking a few(will have some 18yr old graduates going) and last time they didn't really care as long as kids were not drunk causing issues, etc. - Cheers is sold per person, no sharing, all adults 21+ in the cabin must purchase. For cruises leaving the US, drinking age is 21. Period. Giving alcoholic drinks to minors can result in removal from the ship.

4. Here are our ports, any suggestions for excursions for Montego Bay or Grand Cayman? We are doing Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel. So what about the other 2, any good excursions or should we avoid one of those ports?

Montego Bay

Grand Cayman

Cozumel - Mr. Sancho's

5. Speaking of Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel, was going to pre-buy the tickets and the water ticket as well. Also the 5 reservation as heard it fills up. Any thoughts on that? Do you just take a taxi there or can you get a van maybe, we will have 6 going. Also do you have to be 18 or 21 to drink there? Is reserving a chair a good idea as well? Any other tips or such on this place?

6. On dress up night, can you still just go with nice shorts and nice shirt, etc. I don't think they turn anyone away but was just wondering as we are not "dress up" type folks.

7. Insurance, is it really worth it? It is per person, not per cabin correct? - I always buy insurance. But I buy from a third party.

I don't think they are going to ignore or look the other way for passengers under 21 on the ship. Their cards will be marked to show they are under 21 so bartenders will no longer sell them alcohol. This stopped several years ago and they abide by the rules now. If you "share" with them, your cruise could end abruptly at a port where you will be on your own to get home. In the ports, they can most likely purchase a drink if they are 18. We took my Grandson on a cruise when he graduated from high school. He couldn't get served a drink on the ship but was served in port cities.

I hope that none of these answers sound harsh, but you have cruised before ...

1. Can you still bring 1 case of (water, soda, etc.) onto the boat? Each person can carry on up to 12 cans/cartons (no bottles) of non-alcoholic drinks of 12oz or less each. Carnival sells 12 packs of bottled water through the Fun Shops or room service for about $4.50.

2. How does the boarding work now. Looks like the Early Boarding option is all sold out. If we get there early, will we have to wait until after noon to board? You can keep checking for FTTF, they often open more up. You will be asked to select a check-in time. This is the time that you are to arrive at the port to check-in. They will board in the normal order (weddings, Diamond/Platinum, Suites, FTTF, then general boarding), once the ship is cleared.

3. On the Cheers program, are they still fairly lax on those under 21 drinking a few(will have some 18yr old graduates going) and last time they didn't really care as long as kids were not drunk causing issues, etc. You must be 21 to purchase alcohol on Carnival, including purchasing Cheers. If one person purchases it, everyone in the cabin 21 and over must purchase it. Persons caught sharing drinks or providing drinks to minors can have their drinking privileges removed and/or be removed from the ship.

Montego Bay

Grand Cayman

Cozumel - Mr. Sancho's

5. Speaking of Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel, was going to pre-buy the tickets and the water ticket as well. Also the 5 reservation as heard it fills up. Any thoughts on that? Do you just take a taxi there or can you get a van maybe, we will have 6 going. Also do you have to be 18 or 21 to drink there? Is reserving a chair a good idea as well? Any other tips or such on this place? The drinking age in Mexico is 18.

6. On dress up night, can you still just go with nice shorts and nice shirt, etc. I don't think they turn anyone away but was just wondering as we are not "dress up" type folks. Wear pants. It's not asking too much.

• 4 weeks later...

2. How does the boarding work now. Looks like the Early Boarding option is all sold out. If we get there early, will we have to wait until after noon to board?

3. On the Cheers program, are they still fairly lax on those under 21 drinking a few(will have some 18yr old graduates going) and last time they didn't really care as long as kids were not drunk causing issues, etc.

Montego Bay

Grand Cayman

Cozumel - Mr. Sancho's

What has changed is that those under 21 years of age will NOT be served. As other posters have written, "sneaking" alcohol to others could very well result in your being removed from the ship.

On dress up night, shorts are not appropriate.

Insurance, is it really worth it? You won't know until you need it.

• 2 weeks later...

3. On the Cheers program, are they still fairly lax on those under 21 drinking a few(will have some 18yr old graduates going) and last time they didn't really care as long as kids were not drunk causing issues, etc. Legal drinking age is 21. You are not allowed to share drinks on Cheers.

Montego Bay

Grand Cayman

Cozumel - Mr. Sancho's

5. Speaking of Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel, was going to pre-buy the tickets and the water ticket as well. Also the 5 reservation as heard it fills up. Any thoughts on that? Do you just take a taxi there or can you get a van maybe, we will have 6 going. Also do you have to be 18 or 21 to drink there? Is reserving a chair a good idea as well? Any other tips or such on this place? Mr. Sancho's is fabulous. We reserved our tickets on their website before the cruise and caught a taxi there and back. Don't forget to bring your own beach towels!!!!!!!

7. Insurance, is it really worth it? It is per person, not per cabin correct? ABSOLUTELY. You should go to John Heald's Facebook page and read a recent post of someone who regrets not getting it!