Booking Excursions

snorkle lover

As I’m about to be a first time Regent (Explorer) customer(in September)' date=' this thread is wonderful. Thanks to all of you.

My question: Is there any way to determine the cost of the (notincluded) excursions – well in advance?

Thanks again,

Terry[/quote']

Terry,

Go to https://www.rssc.com/cruises/EXP180927/activities/regent-choice-plus-free/day-2 and click on the link above the Legend that says: “Receive All Available Tours via E-mail.” Submit your email address and in a few minutes you'll receive the complete list of excursions for your cruise, including the tour prices for the Regent Choice excursions.

Hope this helps.

Alternatively, go to the Regent website and "Find your Cruise". Then click on "See Details" and on the next page "Free Excursions and Onboard Activities". You can then select a port. Both included excursions and Regent Choice excursions with prices will be shown.

Keep in mind that excursions could change between now and when you are able to book excursions and the price can change as well.

Papaflamingo, we are also on three back to back segments including Honolulu to Papeete and Papeete to Auckland (we enjoyed New Zealand on the Voyager last year) that y'all will be on. We are first doing Miami to Honolulu to enjoy Cuba (again) and our first time doing a Panama Canal crossing.

To answer your booking ? on combination cruises, our experience here is we were able to book our first segment (Miami to Honolulu) excursions; but will not be able to book Honolulu to Papeete excursions until March 6th and Papeete to Auckland excursions until March 20th (240 days out from sailing).

And please do sign up for our Papeete to Auckland meet & mingle.

For your info we are going on the Miami to Sydney cruise that you all will be on, and when we were able to book our first segment from Miami to Honolulu we were also able to book excursions on the other segments all the way to Sydney.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Rich, learned that out when we originally booked this as a grand voyage until my wife nixed nine +weeks at sea. Alas, when rebooked outside the GV booking u only get to book excursions that are 240 days out (if Gold). So one perk of booking the GV as u and I experienced (temporarily for me) is the benefit to book all excursions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really!!!! Who knew? First time I am doing multiple segments with Regent and also the first GV. Sounds like from previous posts you have cruised with them quite a bit. Must think they are relatively good.

We had a wonderful experience on our first cruise with them from Bangkok to Abu Dhabi last year on the Voyager. This trip will make us Gold with them.

Looking forward to meeting you, hopefully at our Meet & Mingle.

Papaflamingo, we are also on three back to back segments including Honolulu to Papeete and Papeete to Auckland (we enjoyed New Zealand on the Voyager last year) that y'all will be on. We are first doing Miami to Honolulu to enjoy Cuba (again) and our first time doing a Panama Canal crossing.

To answer your booking ? on combination cruises, our experience here is we were able to book our first segment (Miami to Honolulu) excursions; but will not be able to book Honolulu to Papeete excursions until March 6th and Papeete to Auckland excursions until March 20th (240 days out from sailing).

And please do sign up for our Papeete to Auckland meet & mingle.

Wes W.. thanks for the info. I've signed up for Meet and Mingle for Honolulu to Papeete. Look forward to meeting everyone on this wonderful cruise!

Rich, we generally sail both Regent and Silversea but have taken a pause on cruising with Silversea (about 15 voyages on each). Primarily, we now sail Regent because they do entertainment (day/nite) so much better than Silversea--cruise directors on Regent for the most part are much more engaged with guests than on Silversea. However, cuisine and service are very similar on both Regent and Silversea.

Now, where Silversea sets itself apart from Regent is the varied expedition itineraries they offer on multiple ships. So, if you want to see Antarctica, Artic, et. al., you will have to look elsewhere besides Regent.

We do understand pet prioritization over long trips what tipped the balance for us was moving away from twice a day pet sitter visits to 24/7 pet sitting in our home allowing our 2b's (bella & bailee) to enjoy their home environment while we are away. Tho, we recently signed up for trustedhousesitters.com, Ida does not want (even tho vetted) unfamiliar faces taking care of our pets or living in our home. And Facetime/Facebook helps sooth Ida's passionate longing for our 2b's.

Rich, Regent does Grand Voyages very well (offering many benefits--we were signed up for the Australia circumnavigation following the Miami to Sydney GV and this GV not only offered free laundry and unlimited pressing but free on board medical (generally only offered during World Cruises). GV's also often give you an included hotel nite with a GV dinner (where you will get your commemorative GV gift) prior to the cruise and a special GV excursion/event. We will still get free laundry when we board, in Miami, as we will become Platinum--has taken us 15 Regent cruises to earn Platinum status.

Rich, methinks, when you board you will see at least a dozen Grand Voyage (not including Miami to Sydney) plaques on suite doors and that many guests with GV ball caps and jackets.

Papaflamingo, thanks for signing up for the Honolulu to Papeete meet & mingle (we have 18 cruise critics now signed up for this m&m). However, if you have time, please also sign up for the Papeete to Auckland m&m (we now only have eight of the required 12 minimum cruise critics signed up.

WesW, thanks for all the good info you provided. Looking forward to this GV and the extras that come with it. We will be doing the precruise Hotel and dinner at the Trump Doral. The golf course has always looked spectacular, so it will be interesting to see the hotel itself.

So if I understand you correctly, Regent puts a plaque on your door if you ever took a GV cruise with them as well as one for those taking the current GV cruise? Interesting, maybe good advertisement? Also are the ballcaps and jackets ones commemorative gift or are they for sale on the ship?

Funny you should mention Silversea, as we have not travelled with them yet, but we are signed up for a b2b with them on the newly refurbished Silver Cloud next spring. We go from Capetown to Lisbon with many stops along the coast. Will talk to you more about them onboard. We have done Antarctica with another line, but not the Arctic. Don’t know if I could convince the wife about the Arctic these days, but Iceland and Greenland are on our bucket list.

By the way, my sister in Florida has a dog named BELLA.

See you on the ship!!!!

Rich, you're very welcome.

Believe at your GV dinner you will be presented your GV plaque and possibly a GV ballcap and/ or GV jacket. If not these will mostly be placed in your suite as you board. Would post a picture of our GV plaque (Auckland to HK) but alas we left it on suite 738's door when we disembarked earlier this month. Thanks to Jason and Franck (current GM) they are fedexing our plaque home to us.

Rich our fav of near 24 cruises was on the Silver Cloud in 2013 (before refurb) as we sailed from London Tower bridge down the Thames then onward to Scotland, Faroe, Shetland, Orkney Islands then multiple Iceland ports, back to Belfast, Dublin, Cobb, Fowey and then back down Thames to London Tower bridge. Believe you will love the Cloud--will share more about the Cloud (dining venues, ship) when we are on board the Mariner

Finally, thanks to a note from flossie009 not about excursions but Shareholder benefit--Susan and David asked me if I thought we would get just one $250 SBC or three $250 SBC for each segment we are booked on. Do not know the answer having our TA check but (for those who own NCLH or are considering a modest investment and sail Regent more than once per year) this is a nice benefit from being a Norwegian Cruise Line Shareholder (at least 100 shares). So in 2018 we will at least have earned $500 SBC with our NCLH sharholder bennie.

Not sure why Silversea gets so many mentions on a Regent thread. We’ve sailed a lot with both but much prefer the casualness of Regent as opposed to the stilted and now rather old fashioned dress codes on Silversea. They are nearly as bad as Cunard.

• 2 weeks later...

Terry: If you click on "My Account" on the RSSC website, and then click on Booked Cruises, various details about your upcoming cruise will be there. (If you haven't filled out the information on that page, you should: it's helpful in various ways, e.g. reminding you when you can choose excursions, make dining reservations, etc.) Then, if you click the "excursions" part of your account, the ones you've chosen will appear, plus the list of excursions for each port. On that listing, the times of each excursion will show. I find that very helpful, since we're unable to do excursions that begin very early. Also, it allows you to see whether you'll be able to fit 2 excursions in at a particular port. Doesn't happen a whole lot, but sometimes it works.

Enjoy your cruise!

Once they become available for booking, the start times will be shown in the descriptions.

Keep in mind the start time that you think you signed up for could change. I really didn't feel like eating breakfast at 6:30am because we had an excursion at 7:30am as soon as the boat docked. I had my list of my excursions and times, every single one was moved up at least a half hour and most an hour. So my 9:00am which seemed perfect and civil was now 8:00am. (One can't stay up late, drink and get up early every day on a vacation!)

If an excursion is already full when you try to select it, are you notified when you select the excursion or after you check out?

If the excursion is full, you cannot even book it. If you want to go on the waitlist, you need to contact Regent.

• 1 month later...

We are (and have been) waitlisted for one particular excursion since the day after they first opened up to those without anything but the most basic status. Does their system really work well, or should I be calling regularly?

Thanks,

We are (and have been) waitlisted for one particular excursion since the day after they first opened up to those without GOLD status. Does their system really work well' date=' or should I be calling regularly?

Thanks,[/quote']

I would try to be patient a bit longer. Not sure when your cruise is but as you approach the penalty phase, there are usually some cancellations.

Thanks' date=' Travelcat2.

We cruise 9/27. When does the 'penalty phase' start?

Thanks again,

Terry[/quote']

Terry, it depends upon the length of your cruise and the suite category that you are in. Here is a link to the Regent website - just scroll down a bit. https://www.rssc.com/sites/default/files/2018-04/rgtterms_040918.pdf

Hope that this helps.

Jackie

We cruise 9/27. When does the 'penalty phase' start?

Thanks again' date='

Terry[/quote']

Terry,

Since your cruise is shorter than 15 days, the penalty phase begins 120 days prior to the cruise on May 30, 2018. Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...
I would try to be patient a bit longer. Not sure when your cruise is but as you approach the penalty phase, there are usually some cancellations.

Well, it tough being patient. I'd rather be excited. Have called twice - never got a real answer re: how far down the wait list are we? and now I'm starting to think that we are "out of luck".

Do these things open up again once on board?

Thanks,

Terry