Forgap & Rumor, Singapore-Sydney, Feb. 2-20, 2018--LIVE!

Mr Rumor

Thank you Rich (and Ginny). It was great to also be on this amazing cruise with you, and I so enjoyed your excellent blog and photos. Good to meet up with you again. Wish us luck as we proceed across the Bass Strait trying to avoid two low depressions / developing cyclones in the area..... Safe onward travels. Until the next time ........

I can't really add anything that hasn't already been said about this blog! It's been a wonderful one, so once again, thank you Rich and thank you Jen, for taking us with you!

(loved the lit bunnies and the koala!)

Linda and John

36 hours in transit and we are finally home in Atlanta! I’m not sure what time it is or what day it is!

We were on Asiana Airlines from Sydney to Seoul and Seoul to Chicago. We were very impressed with the comfort in business class and the level of service. Both planes were new with the leg from Sydney to Seoul in double decker airbus. The food was excellent with both western and Korean options. They even had a silver coffee and tea service. What could be better than a mid flight snack of ramen?

2b44091b1278c88e6e6215d7e43c08db.jpg

A word to the wise about transferring in Seoul. It is a huge airport and we had a tight connection. They delayed our flight to Chicago to accommodate our late arrival and then delayed it again for another late arriving flight. Not only did we have to race walk about a mile, we had to go through another security screening and a pat down. The sign said these were extra measures for the olympics but someone in the plane mentioned this was routine. The airport was also a mob scene so it was really running the gauntlet.

I want to thank all of you for your very kind comments about this blog. Rich and I had a fun time doing it, and, most importantly, became good friends. I encourage you to try live blogging. I think it helps capture moment and keep it for posterity.

If you have any specific questions, either post them here or privately at forgap at bellsouth dot net.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forgap, glad you are safely home. You must be exhausted. I suspect Seoul was partly so crazy because of the olympics. Hard to figure why they gave you that routing, very circuitous, but apparently they got a deal on it. The ramen does look tasty though.