Juneau private tour

Amy G

We are in Juneau from 12:30 until 10pm this summer. We have been to Alaska 3 times before, and we have done whale watching, Mendenhall glacier, glacier hike, and the tram. I was looking at booking Evergreen Taxi for a private tour for about 3-4 hours, but I am not sure what to see this time around (going with my mom who is 68, my husband, and our 6 year old daughter). A stop at the glacier is planned, but I would also like to see more nature/wildlife. Any suggestions? Thanks!

For four of you it might make more sense to rent a car for the day. You can drive out to the end of both roads. There are hiking trails out that way, or you can do the wetlands walk out to the end of the runway and maybe watch a jet take off right over your head... There's also the Shrine of St. Theresa, Eagle Beach, a picnic at Skater's cabin or lunch at a restaurant not in the tourist section of town (Sand Bar is a dive bar with wonderful halibut and chips in the restaurant in the back, The Thai place at Auke Bay is good as well or stop at the Hot Bite for a milkshake). Shop like a local at Fred Meyer's or browse the thousands of used books at the Friends of the Library store. You have the car all day, so you can stop as long as you want when you want.