Seabourn Glacier Bay Alaska

pepbcn28

I think all cruise lines (or maybe individual cruise ships have a quota for Glacier Bay visits each year) and the US Parks Service issues them a little while before the cruise seasons starts. Seabourn seemed to quite well with Glacier Bay allocations last year, but our cruise (Vancouver to Seward) intially had Inian Islands/Icy Strait Point as the port, which was changed to Glacier Bay in February.

It was a grey day when we sailed Glacier Bay. Atmospheric, of course, but low visitbility. And as it was early in the season, we were not able to visit all of the glaciers (seal pups on the ice were too young to be disturbed in some of the bays). The Park Rangers who came on board were very pleasant, but slightly surprised that all the passengers already understood complex issues like glacier retreat (thanks to the Ventures TEam lectures).

The Park Rangers who came on board were very pleasant, but slightly surprised that all the passengers already understood complex issues like glacier retreat (thanks to the Ventures TEam lectures).

Indeed! We were on the first Glacier Bay visit and they were also surprised to not have a bevy of young passengers to entertain/instruct. We spoke with one ranger who I surmised normally does children's education and she was not prepared for Seabourn to be almost exclusively adults. (I think we had one child onboard!) It was a fantastic day though and between the Ventures Team and the rangers, any passenger who wanted to learn more about almost any topic was able to have fantastic resources!

And the repositioning May 2017 cruise from Kobe to Seattle. We had great weather. The Seabourn touch was the perfect affogato served while we stood at the prow watching a glacier calve.

Last season it was the Vancouver to Seward cruises.

Hi everybody,

I read that Seabourn is one of the companies that cruise Glacier Bay in Alaska. I am looking to the itineraries and can’t find which ones visit glacier bay, anybody knows?

Go to ClaAlaska dot com, click on Alaska Cruise Schedules (for 2018), then click on Glacier Bay. It will give you a PDF calendar of all ships entering Glacier Bay in 2018.

• 3 weeks later...
Go to ClaAlaska dot com, click on Alaska Cruise Schedules (for 2018), then click on Glacier Bay. It will give you a PDF calendar of all ships entering Glacier Bay in 2018.
Seabourn is still not showing Glacier Bay and neither does the website you mention. Without having Glacier Bay as a port this would pretty much exclude Seabourn from my list of options for Alaska.

Last year Glacier Bay did not originally appear on our itinerary. We received official notification of the switch about two weeks after the 120 day final payment mark.

We were on that same cruise as jenindllas and can confirm that we were very happy with the switch. All the northbound Seabourn cruises were changed at the same time to Glacier Bay from ISP. Just before that time, the only SB cruise showing Glacier Bay was the Kobe to Seattle cruise.