Seattle pier 91, rental car drop-off?

Yukonjake

Alamo, Enterprise, and National (all actually the same company) have a shuttle between their shared location downtown and the pier. You might find it easier to drop off luggage and passengers at the port, and then just have the driver return the car and shuttle back.

http://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Services/Pages/default.aspx

Do any rental car outfits accept drop-offs near the Princess embarkation pier?

Here is car rental info for the 3 companies that have pickup/dropoff spots at Pier 91 where Princess comes in. Info is current as of last Sept (2017) and probably has not changed since then.

Tom

---------------------------------------------

Alamo / National / Enterprise car rental agencies will have kiosks at both the Pier 66 Bell Street Pier Cruise Terminal and the Smith Cove Cruise Facility at Terminal 91. When you are going on a cruise, what they request you do is to drop your party at the pier with the luggage and then drive back to the office. They'll shuttle the driver back to the pier. That makes it easier on everybody. One thing to note if you are doing that, however! Make sure that the person who is dropping everybody off has their own travel documents with them. That way someone will not have to come back out of the building to meet the driver to give them any papers. It also means the driver's documents aren't inadvertently left in checked baggage that has to be hunted down and returned off the ship so that the driver can check in! Don't laugh, I've seen that happen and it's often a very time consuming process!

For Alamo reservations, please call 1-800-462-5266 or 1-800-go-alamo.

For National reservations, please so call 1-800-227-7368 or 1-800-car-rent.

For Enterprise reservation, please call 1-800-736-8222 or 1-800-rent-a-car.

The car rentals will be locally supported by the Seattle downtown location at:

Alamo Rent A Car National Car Rental Enterprise Rent A Car

Downtown Seattle Downtown Seattle Downtown Seattle

1301 6th Avenue 1301 6th Ave. 1301 6th Ave.

Seattle, WA 98101 Seattle , WA 98101 Seattle , WA 98101

(206) 292-9770 (206) 292-9770 (206) 382-1051

You folks have been very helpful, thanks. Alamo reserved (and a better hotel too, since we are now mobile).

BTW, if anyone else views this thread, Alamo is only about twice the cost of an Uber or Lyft, so, to me at least, it's worth it for the mobility.

• 1 year later...
On 2/24/2018 at 7:42 PM, Pierlesscruisers said:

The car rentals will be locally supported by the Seattle downtown location at:

Alamo Rent A Car National Car Rental Enterprise Rent A Car

Downtown Seattle Downtown Seattle Downtown Seattle

1301 6th Avenue 1301 6th Ave. 1301 6th Ave.

Seattle, WA 98101 Seattle , WA 98101 Seattle , WA 98101

(206) 292-9770 (206) 292-9770 (206) 382-1051

The correct address is 1601 3rd Avenue. I found the same typo posted on tripadvisor too presumbably copied from the same website with incorrect information.

This one is correct: https://www.portseattle.org/page/cruise-guest-services-and-accessibility

I have booked a minivan (for 6 people) from Alamo at this location after the cruise for a 2 day tour before returning home. The car will be returned at the airport.

Edited by Tourist1292

26 minutes ago, Tourist1292 said:

The correct address is 1601 3rd Avenue. I found the same typo posted on tripadvisor too presumbably copied from the same website with incorrect information.

This one is correct: https://www.portseattle.org/page/cruise-guest-services-and-accessibility

I have booked a minivan (for 6 people) from Alamo at this location after the cruise for a 2 day tour before returning home. The car will be returned at the airport.

Thanks.  I've corrected my text file to indicate the correct address.

Tom