Feb 13th Oceania Marina Tahiti Cruise

bellevuecruiser

Well, amigo, your in the tropics and December-March is the rain season, ( which is not that much different from the "dry Season" )

You will get daily rain any time short powerful and gone....not like Washington drizzle.. it will be warm rain .

As such Balconies are a 50/50 benifit. After years of sailing to and from there I now book a good inside...unless you get excited seeing the thin blue horizon. It is not like sailing in the carribe or the San Juan's....

You will not be close to anything except in the Tahitian group , at all.

Too rain and bugs can really dampen your veranda experience. Thats my experience.... for better or worse. Its one of the best cruises LA or Sydney to Tahiti,

The Tahiti to Tahiti 10 day rt is really cheating you on the island experience . You arrive and depart in the middle of the night and have to forage for hours trying to find something to do,. You arrive tired after a 10-15 hour travel each way from Sea Tac.

No thank you Try to get a flight series that lets you 0vernight in LAX.

If your cruise ends in Tahiti, My suggestion is to take the Air Credit and book Air France...not the Tahiti NUI experience, it departs in the morning like 8 am not the morning at 1 am.

Humidity will be High in the 80-90%. I have take this cruise 4 times and visited Tahiti, sailing from Sydney, San Francisco, LA, and Tahiti. and lived 10+ yr in the region...

On no cruise do they, or have they altered ports. What they say is what they do 100%

If sailing from California, the first 3 days can be cool and a tiny bit of roll... but nothing bad. Best time is Oct-November and March April

As to sun....when your below 23 degrees latitude , the sun intensity UV, will be 10 times the intensity you experience in the US and 15 times for Washington folks.... Shade in the tropics is very popular very soon after ariving.

Edited by Hawaiidan

The itinerary was completely rearranged to avoid the cyclone and chase good weather. It worked, as we've had sunshine every day with very occasional brief showers.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Sounds like they did a great job for you. Cheers to Oceania. :):):)

The itinerary was completely rearranged to avoid the cyclone and chase good weather. It worked, as we've had sunshine every day with very occasional brief showers.

Thats a first ... I haven't seen. consider carefully that this report is for the end of Feb almost march Feb 12 is a different story...... hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Make lemonade from lemons... Good luck

Amazing weather !!

Thanks to Oceania management and the capt . The re arranged schedule made for beautiful weather . In 11 days maybe we had 1-2 hours of rain , otherwise 80 degree and sunshine everyday ! Every island thanked us for bringing sunshine . The ship was spotless, in full operation and service outstanding .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can confirm that! IDEAL weather on the February 13th sailing! A slight storm (maybe an hour or so) in Moorea and some rain after midnight once or twice. Otherwise, perfection! Kudos to the captain for sailing the itinerary in reverse!

Also no noro probs onboard. What a relief..

Really glad they changed itinerary, had good weather.But first day we got there, rained whole time. Glad we booked a day after to finally see Tahiti.

Re. the Papeete airport,,,dont get there before 3hrs.prior, no access and non ac...we got there before Air Tahiti Nui opened by 20 min and had to wait.GLad we booked business,,got access to ac lounge.

Feel sorry for those who booked tours on own, since many were unable to change them when itineary changed.

WIsh the beaches would have been closer to docking area, since we had to use ship transfer to dock,then shuttle to a beach. Only did it once,since a hassle.

Glad we took trip, but sad to admit it seemed very similar to Hawaii. For those on the fence,,,try it first. Less flying,less expensive,and speak English and use our money. No hassles,,,hahaha. Just my opinion, of course. Sure others LOVED it and not meant to be a put down, in any way.

We booked 4 tours on our own and all knew about the itinerary change before we did.

Only heard about 1 couple having a problem, but their operator was able to make it work.

It's been 40 years since we went to Hawaii, but this seemed quite different to us.

Also no noro probs onboard. What a relief..

Really glad they changed itinerary, had good weather.But first day we got there, rained whole time. Glad we booked a day after to finally see Tahiti.

Re. the Papeete airport,,,dont get there before 3hrs.prior, no access and non ac...we got there before Air Tahiti Nui opened by 20 min and had to wait.GLad we booked business,,got access to ac lounge.

Feel sorry for those who booked tours on own, since many were unable to change them when itineary changed.

WIsh the beaches would have been closer to docking area, since we had to use ship transfer to dock,then shuttle to a beach. Only did it once,since a hassle.

Glad we took trip, but sad to admit it seemed very similar to Hawaii. For those on the fence,,,try it first. Less flying,less expensive,and speak English and use our money. No hassles,,,hahaha. Just my opinion, of course. Sure others LOVED it and not meant to be a put down, in any way.

Congratulations, you have discovered one of the great hidden truths about Tahiti and Hawaii. I am speaking of only Maui and the Big Island. Much of Tahiti lies within 1.4 degrees ( thats 102 miles) of that of Hawaii Tahiti `17.6 south and Hawaii ( Kailua Kona) 19.3 north. As such both those areas have similar weather,( but in reverse) similar vegetation, and fish/coral.

Snorkeling in Moorea and La Aloa beach in Hawaii, one can really not tell the difference except for the Blue liped clams in Tahiti. Hawaii has more turtles, and whales but Tahiti has more sharks.

Hawaii is as a rule cleaner, cheaper less bugs and speaks English . Its also 1/2 the price. to get there, Food prices and variety are way better in Hawaii Hotels are 3 to 5 star and celebrity chefs all over the place, Merriman, Puck, Roy,. Yes its commercial but in a good way.

Tahiti is exotic looking because of Moorea and Bora Bora, But Hawaii has stunning similar views Hana, Iao, Volcanoes, Mauna Kea, Much of Tahiti is suffering from an invasion of Miocona which is killing off native plants. Being French strikes are common and disruptive service can be horrible( at Kia Ora on Moorea it took 1 hour the get served a drink we ordered) Tahiti has sufferef from over building hotels and as a result many have gone bankrupt and closed ( hotel Bora Bora) and once pristine lagoons are dotted with hundreds of over water hotel rooms.

I make these comparison after living and working as a NPS naturalist in Hawaii for 10+ years and visiting Tahiti 6 times between 1983 and 2107

By all means visit both as Tahiti has a special exotic mystic. that should be experienced, but you can get almost the same in Kaliua Kona

If you want a truly exciting experience I would suggest Fiji, very reasonable look up places like Nikum Bati and Matangi or Savusavu... wils and un commercial with the best snorkeling on the planet... I think better than Australia form my experience...

Have fun

Congratulations, you have discovered one of the great hidden truths about Tahiti and Hawaii. I am speaking of only Maui and the Big Island. Much of Tahiti lies within 1.4 degrees ( thats 102 miles) of that of Hawaii Tahiti `17.6 south and Hawaii ( Kailua Kona) 19.3 north. As such both those areas have similar weather,( but in reverse) similar vegetation, and fish/coral.

Snorkeling in Moorea and La Aloa beach in Hawaii, one can really not tell the difference except for the Blue liped clams in Tahiti. Hawaii has more turtles, and whales but Tahiti has more sharks.

Hawaii is as a rule cleaner, cheaper less bugs and speaks English . Its also 1/2 the price. to get there, Food prices and variety are way better in Hawaii Hotels are 3 to 5 star and celebrity chefs all over the place, Merriman, Puck, Roy,. Yes its commercial but in a good way.

Tahiti is exotic looking because of Moorea and Bora Bora, But Hawaii has stunning similar views Hana, Iao, Volcanoes, Mauna Kea, Much of Tahiti is suffering from an invasion of Miocona which is killing off native plants. Being French strikes are common and disruptive service can be horrible( at Kia Ora on Moorea it took 1 hour the get served a drink we ordered) Tahiti has sufferef from over building hotels and as a result many have gone bankrupt and closed ( hotel Bora Bora) and once pristine lagoons are dotted with hundreds of over water hotel rooms.

I make these comparison after living and working as a NPS naturalist in Hawaii for 10+ years and visiting Tahiti 6 times between 1983 and 2107

By all means visit both as Tahiti has a special exotic mystic. that should be experienced, but you can get almost the same in Kaliua Kona

If you want a truly exciting experience I would suggest Fiji, very reasonable look up places like Nikum Bati and Matangi or Savusavu... wils and un commercial with the best snorkeling on the planet... I think better than Australia form my experience...

Have fun

Thx for this!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Re/ change of itinerary, we only heard about it when we got on ship. Had no access to internet prior. Glad you got to change your tours, but many others did NOT. Heard at least 5 couples complain of this, sure many more affected.

But very GLAD changes made, since we had great weather. We booked a few ship tours,but did many on own. Took taxi or walked. Just wish beaches would have been closer ...but, fun. Agree with Hawaiidan , sorry. Loved cruise, but,,,,very similar to me.