K2 aviation. Question for anyone who has flown with this vendor

JP-Cruise

I will be staying at the princess Denali wilderness lodge and read a lot of great reviews for k2 aviation. I was just wondering if I taking the shuttle bus or flying to them is the only option. Or do they offer pick up/drop off service to the lodge since I will be on a princess cruise tour and will not have a car

My info isn't current at all (2007) but when we did the Denali summit flightseeing tour with K2 through Princess we scheduled a morning flight for the day we were taking the train from Talkeetna to Anchorage in the afternoon. We took the shuttle bus from the McKinley lodge and just left our luggage in the K2 office. When the flight was finished we walked to the nearby station and waited for our train. It worked out perfectly. As I mentioned in a reply to one of your other postings, the flight was an unforgettable experience.

I recommend calling K2 and asking whether they will pick you up/drop you off from the Denali lodge which, I think, is much further away than the McKinley lodge. That wasn't an option as far as I know in 2007.

Booking independently- You have to make your own transportation arrangements. I also responded specific information on locations, which you have made the wrong assumption with. Sorry, but, this isn't going to be an option for you.

IF indeed a significant priority, then cut your losses and make the changes NOW to accomplish this. You haven't gone yet, so, plenty of time to change. Sure there may be fees involved but how often are you going to get to Alaska, and frankly, it's not the place to compromise on what you want to see and do.

Booking independently- You have to make your own transportation arrangements. I also responded specific information on locations, which you have made the wrong assumption with. Sorry, but, this isn't going to be an option for you.

IF indeed a significant priority, then cut your losses and make the changes NOW to accomplish this. You haven't gone yet, so, plenty of time to change. Sure there may be fees involved but how often are you going to get to Alaska, and frankly, it's not the place to compromise on what you want to see and do.

You make all excellent points and thank you for correcting me on the previous statements. I think I am going to settle for the Denali summit flight because to me I really want the experience of coming back home and saying “I flew to the summit of North America’s biggest mountain” :).

I’ll just have to plan my 3rd Alaska vacation next when I come home ;)

Thanks for all who responded so far, Including Budget Queen who always provides super informative advice and great words of wisdom! :).

Okay so k2 and Talkeetna Air taxi are out of the question. I found the only company that I can go with for my Denali flightseeing tour when I’m at the princess Denali lodge. They don’t include a summit flight and glacier landing combination tour though, just the glacier landing. So still deciding which one I should do.

Question about the Ruth glacier landing though, is this considered as still landing “ON mount Denali/McKinley?” Or is Ruth glacier more away from mount Denali? Like when I come home and say “I landed on mount Denali, would this be a false statement??” Lol sorry if this is a silly question

Thanks for all who responded so far, Including Budget Queen who always provides super informative advice and great words of wisdom! :).

Okay so k2 and Talkeetna Air taxi are out of the question. I found the only company that I can go with for my Denali flightseeing tour when I’m at the princess Denali lodge. They don’t include a summit flight and glacier landing combination tour though, just the glacier landing. So still deciding which one I should do.

Question about the Ruth glacier landing though, is this considered as still landing “ON mount Denali/McKinley?” Or is Ruth glacier more away from mount Denali? Like when I come home and say “I landed on mount Denali, would this be a false statement??” Lol sorry if this is a silly question

The landings are varied and depend on conditions. It is going to be a distance away from Denali. I would not consider a landing "on" Denali . Ruth Glacier is a separate entity- in my opinion?

I don't believe any of the flight seeing tours land "on" Denali. The glacier landings are in Denali National Park but not on the actual mountain itself. I can't speak for all companies, but our pilot said that they either land on Pike Glacier or Ruth Glacier depending on weather conditions - which can change very quickly.