Juneau (Mendenhall glacier) white shuttle

sdf89

I know for both the main shuttles to Mendenhall glacier, it can get crowded/full towards end of day. My question is rather for the morning to early afternoon, and is based on the white shuttle Juneau tours website having the phrase "It is first come, first serve." Has anyone heard of a shuttle in middle of day being too full and you have to wait 30 minutes for next one?

thanks

I'm sure it will depend on if there are 2,3 or 4 ships in town. Look at the port schedule for your specific date and see how busy the port will be.

If you have a time crunch, reserve a cab to pick you up at a specific time. It was about $35 last yr.

• 8 months later...
I'm you have a National Park pass the white shuttle will waive the $5 Visitor Center fee from the $35 cost, but you have to email them first. The blue Glacier shuttle won't waive it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you elaborate on this? Do you need to pre-book the tickets in this case?

Thanks.

Maggie

We will be in Juneau from 8 A until 9 P, so we have no need to rush and I would like to know how to find info on the white and blue shuttles. We plan on spending a good amount of time at Mendenhall seeing or hiking the waterfall, gardens, glacier and visitor center. Since we are doing b2b cruises, we will have another visit to Juneau for whale watching. Thanks for all info on the white and blue shuttles.

We will be in Juneau from 8 A until 9 P, so we have no need to rush and I would like to know how to find info on the white and blue shuttles. We plan on spending a good amount of time at Mendenhall seeing or hiking the waterfall, gardens, glacier and visitor center. Since we are doing b2b cruises, we will have another visit to Juneau for whale watching. Thanks for all info on the white and blue shuttles.

Gloria - if you have never done AdventureBound Alaska in Juneau (to Tracy Arm), you should do it your first week (when you have a long day there). Best excursion I have been on. Do Mendenhall/whale watching the 2nd week.

Thanks, Coral, for the suggestion. I value your opinion and appreciate the heads up. I will look into AdventureBound Alaska to Tracy Arm. I'll go look at it right now.

To everyone:

Still would like to get info on white and blue shuttles -- just point me in the right direction with a website if available for info on where to catch, etc. Thanks!

Edited by GloriaF

Thanks, Coral, for the suggestion. I value your opinion and appreciate the heads up. I will look into AdventureBound Alaska to Tracy Arm. I'll go look at it right now.

To everyone:

Still would like to get info on white and blue shuttles -- just point me in the right direction with a website if available for info on where to catch, etc. Thanks!

I searched "Juneau White Shuttle" and got this:

http://juneautours.rezgo.com/details/33355/glacier-shuttle

And this may be the "Blue" bus you are looking for:

http://www.mmtoursofjuneau.com/

You can not get to Glacier Gardens with the shuttle buses. Best option is a rental car, if you want to include both. Otherwise a cab at least between the glacier and the gardens. Public bus is an option, IF you are accepting of waiting and longer walking to bus stops. Usually only, once per hour services.