First time on Oceania

tsxgray1

Probably go to Terrace Buffet for lunch, but that will depend on WHEN you choose to board.

Next we go to our room and wait for our luggage. If we're lucky, it's already there and we can unpack.

Then prepare for the boat drill, which usually takes place around 5pm. Lately, when I've been setting up Meet & Greets, we do it right after the boat drill. If your itinerary has a number of sea days, it can be postponed ... (probably not so on a Caribbean cruise). But many people who have arranged private tours with our passengers like to meet them in advance, which is an argument for doing the M&G on departure day.

Then, if you are new -- take a walk around to see what is where. But depending on when you board -- you might want to start out with that! It never hurts to know just what is where!

Have a great cruise.

Mura

Eat a delicious lunch in the Terrace grill!

If for some reason you haven’t made dining reservations do it right away. I’m not sure if the restaurant desk in the atrium area is open, just ask.

(The best practice is to pre book your dining reservations on the date you are eligible to book.)

If you chose O life on board credit and want to use it to book excursions go to the shore excursion desk, also in the atrium level.

We also go to the library and grab a couple books.

Enjoy!

If you enjoy alone time in your cabin get a DVD from Reception. They have a big selection. Caveat, same as library books, please return them once used so others can enjoy. I once fell asleep at Reception asking if they had this one; no, then how about this one; no, then how about this one;no, then how about this one;... (insert sarcasm emoji here)

If you have the O-Life House Select and want to upgrade or to purchase the Prestige beverage package once on board, you can do it immediately at Reception or can wait a day or two. You might not want to buy on day one if limited time or wait a day or two to see how much buying per drink is costing you.

If you want to use OBC to purchase their excursions then I suggest to decide before boarding on your choices and get in line at Destination Services right to buy them right away.

Per Sammiedawg's comment:

If you want specialty restaurant reservations ... they are usually available on boarding day. Many people who just flew in for the day are too tired to consider this. We once boarded (a group of 6) and I asked our butler to book us a reservation in Jacques. He wasn't able to do so because I didn't have all the booking numbers on hand. So we went down to the GDR for dinner.

When the maitre d' saw that we were a group of six, he asked if we wanted to go to Jacques.

So we did.

If you haven't made specialty reservations online (but you are here so I assume you will have done so), then this is a good time to try.

People with butlers DO have an advantage ... So if you don't have a butler, it's best to jump in quickly.

Where do you go to book restaurants upon boarding? I read somewhere there were different locations for different types of staterooms and suites, but I cannot find that tread. Thanks!

The Reservation desks don't differ by stateroom category but by Ship.

On the O class ships, there is a consolidated Restaurant Reservations desk in the Embarkation Lobby; on the smaller ships (Nautica, Regatta, Insignia, Sirena) one goes to each restaurant individually.

Where do you go to book restaurants upon boarding? I read somewhere there were different locations for different types of staterooms and suites, but I cannot find that tread. Thanks!
Just checking, but you know you can book the specialty restaurants before you board? In fact to get the times you want, it's highly encouraged. On your confirmation it will tell you when you can book them. The type of cabin you book will determine how early and how many you can book. To find out the specialty dining specifics, go to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) at https://www.oceaniacruises.com/faq/. Then select "Dining".

If you enjoy alone time in your cabin get a DVD from Reception. They have a big selection. Caveat, same as library books, please return them once used so others can enjoy. I once fell asleep at Reception asking if they had this one; no, then how about this one; no, then how about this one;no, then how about this one;... (insert sarcasm emoji here)

Grateful if you can kindly advise whether or not there are first run movies or close to it available? Also is there a list to choose from? Are the available movies mainly “oldies”? Cannot find anything on O’s site about DVD selection.

Grateful if you can kindly advise whether or not there are first run movies or close to it available? Also is there a list to choose from? Are the available movies mainly “oldies”? Cannot find anything on O’s site about DVD selection.

The last list I saw had over 1400 titles. Many oldies. Recent releases No...

The Reservation desks don't differ by stateroom category but by Ship.

On the O class ships, there is a consolidated Restaurant Reservations desk in the Embarkation Lobby; on the smaller ships (Nautica, Regatta, Insignia, Sirena) one goes to each restaurant individually.

Please help me out here. I've looked at the deck plans and remain clueless as to where the Embarkation Lobby/Restaurant Reservations desk is. We hope to use our OBC to book La Reserve so need to make sure we visit early upon embarkation. Thanking you in advance.....

Which ship are you on?

Reception is what you are looking for, I think, and that is on Deck 4 on the "R" ships (Regatta, Insignia, Nautica and Sirena). Deck 5 on Marina and Riviera.

If you are in a suite you can get your butler to do this FOR you, I think. Snag him immediately upon boarding if so.

Mura