Specialty restaurants on the first night?

rafaelc

Hello fellow Sarasotian! They are sometimes less crowded, and on some occasions, do solicit folks to eat there on the first night. We have had one such solicitation, as we waited in line for the GDR. We ended up eating in Polo, with no reservation needed. Cannot guarantee this on a regular basis, however, we have found no difference in quality, attentiveness, etc, on first night vs any other night. Enjoy!

I seem to be following Cruseforme!

I agree ... we've found it much easier to get a table in a specialty restaurant on departure night. People who've been traveling all night to get to the ship tend to be tired and not want to bother.

I've told this before ... we were on Marina in October '11 and I asked our butler to see if we could have a table for 6 in Jacques. He couldn't because at the time I didn't have their booking numbers. So we went to the GDR ... where the maitre d' saw us and asked if we wanted to go to Jacques.

So we did.

I've never noticed a difference in quality on that night. Well, one exception: back when Jacques offered mussels as an appetizer they ran out of them later on in the cruise ...

Often the specialties *are* less crowded on that night because of the reason I cited above.

Mura