First cruise- Carnival - water on board?

Shaida

Hello everyone,

This is my first cruise ever. My question may seem silly, but is the water from the tap drinkable in the cabin? I will be sailing on Carnival Liberty.

Also, do we have to purchase bottled water each time we want to drink or are there free water fountains on the ship?

Thank you so much!

The water on board is as pure as can be found anywhere, and tastes fine. It is definitely drinkable. Drinking water is available at meals and generally around the ship. It is free unless you want a bottle.

I would suggest bringing on one refillable bottle per person, to use for wondering around.

The ship's water is great...better than what's in those pricey bottles. It's true the tap water in your cabin will never "run cold" but ice remedies that! Tell your cabin attendant to bring ice daily. Ice water is available EVERYWHERE....your food is cooked with the ship's water, your beverages are made with ship's water, and so is the ice. It's just water...H2O...a simple substance!

Yes, water on the ship is fine to drink but physiologically I have to drink water out of a bottle, so I pre order it to be delivered to the cabin on the day we sail so that I have something to take my meds with. And I can carry around my bottle the next day, and fill it up with juice in the morning. Guava papaya juice is fantastic. But only served in the mornings. Or I can take my un opened bottle with me when I leave the ship, and sip away while I am on the beach.:D

To get a better understanding however of where all that water we use on the ship comes from I suggest that you do a ship tour (usually on the second sea day) pricey, but by far the best "excursion" we have ever done, except for the submarine in Grand Cayman.

Have a great cruise~!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is this the same for all cruise lines? We will be sailing on Royal Carribbean's Radiance on the Seas Southbound Alaska route at the beginning of June and I drink quite a bit of water (100-150oz per day) and want to make sure I can just bring my refillable water bottle and drink plain water from the tap.

Is this the same for all cruise lines? We will be sailing on Royal Carribbean's Radiance on the Seas Southbound Alaska route at the beginning of June and I drink quite a bit of water (100-150oz per day) and want to make sure I can just bring my refillable water bottle and drink plain water from the tap.

Are you asking if the tap water is safe on all lines? Then the answer is yes. There are strict sanitation rules the ships have to follow. You may want to get your water bottle filled at locations other than your cabin sink, as nearly every water dispenser (buffet, at the wait stations in the restaurants, bar guns, ice makers) use a carbon filter to remove the chlorine (for maintenance reasons, not taste) that improve the taste of the water if you are selective about that.

I drink the ship's water all the time. Is it as good as my pure well water at home? No, but then I don't care much for any chlorinated 'city' water. With ice, it is fine and the steward will keep you supplied with that.

I usually bring a few water bottles on board and refill as needed from the sink, then keep them in the fridge.

I have never seen a water fountain on a ship, but all eating venues will have water and you can get a glass of water at any bar as well.