Bringing food back to room from Windjammer

DeeDee316

Yup. Just don’t count on trays being available unless you hoard one from a room service delivery

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Order ice for your cabin and they will provide you, in addition to the ice bucket, a small tray that you can use to bring food to your room.

Yes you can. I would think it would be easier and quicker just to let them eat in the WJ. But mom knows best. Enjoy. ;)

Mine will be 2 and 4 at the time. While they are always great when we go out to eat, I'm not sure how they will do 3 times a day. They also eat painstakingly slow. Lol. I was more thinking lunch time when they are a little more tired (before nap). I can let them eat and play in the room. We have a JS, so we had a tad bit more space.

Edited by DeeDee316

Mine will be 2 and 4 at the time. While they are always great when we go out to eat, I'm not sure how they will do 3 times a day. They also eat painstakingly slow. Lol. I was more thinking lunch time when they are a little more tired (befote nap). I can let them eat and play in the room. We have a JS, so we had a tad bit more space.

We did this with our 4 and 1 yr olds and it was definitely easier in the room at times. Especially breakfast when our youngest wanted to eat immediately. Dinner in wj for the sport of it but room was easy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has anyone ever seen anyone put food from wj in plastic bags or containers? I'm thinking fruit or desserts for a snack later.

no such animals on board. best you can hope for is the plate covers from room service/the MDR. otherwise you will have to cover it with another plate or wrap in a napkin.

this is ship wide, not just Windjammer

You can bring sectioned containers with lids and make it like a lunchable for your kids. Don't forget to bring a little dish soap. That's far easier than walking back to your room with open plates. Same for a beverage container with a sealed top, fill up one and pour into smaller cups in the room.

Has anyone ever seen anyone put food from wj in plastic bags or containers? I'm thinking fruit or desserts for a snack later.

I use to inside bag from individual box of the breakfast cereal I eat every morning, usually in the DL or CL as the WJ typically has bulk dispenser and usually doesn't have the cereal I like, to store cookies and other treats for later consumption in our cabin. In some WJs these cereal boxes are also available.

Also we bring zip lock bags but prefer the above repurposing.

You can bring sectioned containers with lids and make it like a lunchable for your kids. Don't forget to bring a little dish soap. That's far easier than walking back to your room with open plates. Same for a beverage container with a sealed top, fill up one and pour into smaller cups in the room.

Hair shampoo works well as dish and food container cleaner as it has same FDA approved components as dish detergent has in it.

All great ideas. Thx Everyone! Makes me wonder if there is already a "cruising life hack" thread with little tips like these. I'm super Type A, and always pack for every scenario (well I try). only gotten worse with kids. Trying to imagine how we will manage luggage and littles. Tips would help time me down. lol

Are you allowed to just grab food from Windjammer and bring back to your room? I can't remember from our last cruise. TIA!

Just throwing out some advice. Ask far extra towels or a sheet to put over the couch and/or chairs. We did this and it made clean up much easier. Our cabin Stewart was happy to help. We also tipped extra due to the mess it makes on the floor. But yes sometimes it is easier to eat out and sometime easier to eat in. You will know best based on their tiredness etc.