Tzora scooter

your1mom

You might to check out this link :http://www.usatechguide.org/itemreview.php?itemid=1040

Personally have never owned a Torza Mobility scooter and here are some of my reasons as to why:

• Seat height is not adjustable
  • Seat does not swivel allowing the individual to remain seated on the scooter and not have to transfer to chair when at a table.
  • Can only be purchased on-line which does not allow the individual to test ride before purchase

Edited by xxoocruiser

Tzora makes Classic / Lexis Light / Easy Light Deluxe/ Easy Travel Elite.

Any preference for, or comments about, any of these similar models?

My husband has been using Tzora scooter, Lexis Light for about 3 years now. He started traveling with a GO GO Elite Traveler but it became too heavy for us to lift in and out of the car (even together).

The fact that this one folds (into about the size of a suitcase) has allowed us to be tendered in almost all the ports that require tendering. It has really been a lifesaver for us to allow us to travel almost anywhere. We have taken it to Asia, Norway, the Caribbean, Mexico and many other countries.

The only time that we had trouble was in China, where the airline didn't quite know what to make of it and after about a half hour of their making calls to everyone ? made us take it to "oversize freight" and they wrapped it up in cellophane and put my husband in a wheelchair to take him to the gate.

My husband is able to walk a bit, so we have not had any problem with transferring to a chair. He usually parks the scooter at the entrance of the DR or near our table and walks to our table. Upon boarding, we check to see where our table is and if it is not near the entrance, we speak to the Maitre d' and he changes it for us so that it is very close to where my husband can park and take just a few steps to the table.

On our last cruise, there were 2 others (both women) who had the same scooter. It is very reliable, well balanced and we like the fact that it has a "key" starter so that when we leave it no one is able to move it.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply.

I've actually owned a Tzora scooter for 10 years & have nothing but great praise for it, but after all that time- & it's a refurbished one- I now need to replace it.

After reading & re-reading the info, I'm still confused by the additional choices & would like to hear from anyone who can tell me the real practical differences between those Tzora models.

Edited by your1mom

re: "My husband has been using Tzora scooter, Lexis Light for about 3 years now"

Does your Lexis Light have the anti-tipping thingy?

Edited by your1mom
forgot to quote

I've also been researching scooters for upcoming cruises. The scooters you mention have been top contenders. Some of websites that carry them have a 'compare' feature. That might help you see the differences. I don't remember off hand which one it is, but we're leaning towards the model with the double front wheels. That just seems a little more stable than the single wheeled ones.

You may want to check out the "TravelScoot";)

Cato :)

Completed Cruises !

Pre-cruise Days - The Big Red Boat, 1993 ??

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

We have now reached Elite status with Princess Cruise Lines :D

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07 April 2012, 7 Days, Eastern Caribbean, FLL - FLL

20th cruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier

21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York

22nd cruise - Carnival Ecstasy 10 - 14 January, 2013, 4 Day Bahamas, Port Canaveral Ret.

23rd cruise - Sapphire Princess 30 March - 06 April, 2013, 7 Day Coastal LA - LA

24th cruise - Coral Princess, 19 May - 22 May, 2013, 3 Day Repositioning Cruise, LA - Vancouver

25th cruise - Royal Princess 16 June - 05 July, 2013, 19 Day Inaugural cruise, Southampton - Venice.

26th cruise - Emerald Princess, 06 - 16 October, 2013, 10 Day Canada - New England, Quebexc city to New York

27th cruise - Royal Princess, 24 November - 01 December, 2013, 7 Day,Eastern Caribbean, Fort Lauderdale Ret.

28th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 20 - 24 Jan, 2014, 4 Days, California

29th cruise - Crown Princess, 03 - 10 May 2014, 7 Day, LA to Vancouver.

30th cruise - Pacific Princess, 05 - 12 Aug. 2014, 7 Days, Vancouver RT, Alaska

31st cruise - Golden Princess, 13 - 17 Oct. 2014, 4 Days, LA - Mexican Riv, RT,

32nd cruise - Crown Princess, 20 - 27 Dec. 2014, 7 Days, LA - Mexican Riv, RT.

• Like 1

I've also been researching scooters for upcoming cruises. The scooters you mention have been top contenders. Some of websites that carry them have a 'compare' feature. That might help you see the differences. I don't remember off hand which one it is, but we're leaning towards the model with the double front wheels. That just seems a little more stable than the single wheeled ones.

thanks for your reply!

there are comparison charts that compare various brands, but i need to compare Tzora models to each other.

if you find any, please let me know.

i want to stick with tzora, as a tzora scooter i'd bought refurbished almost 10 years ago would still be running if it hadn't been severely mishandled by a bus driver a few weeks ago.

You may want to check out the "TravelScoot";)

Cato :)

Completed Cruises !

Pre-cruise Days - The Big Red Boat, 1993 ??

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

We have now reached Elite status with Princess Cruise Lines :D

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07 April 2012, 7 Days, Eastern Caribbean, FLL - FLL

20th cruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier

21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York

22nd cruise - Carnival Ecstasy 10 - 14 January, 2013, 4 Day Bahamas, Port Canaveral Ret.

23rd cruise - Sapphire Princess 30 March - 06 April, 2013, 7 Day Coastal LA - LA

24th cruise - Coral Princess, 19 May - 22 May, 2013, 3 Day Repositioning Cruise, LA - Vancouver

25th cruise - Royal Princess 16 June - 05 July, 2013, 19 Day Inaugural cruise, Southampton - Venice.

26th cruise - Emerald Princess, 06 - 16 October, 2013, 10 Day Canada - New England, Quebexc city to New York

27th cruise - Royal Princess, 24 November - 01 December, 2013, 7 Day,Eastern Caribbean, Fort Lauderdale Ret.

28th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 20 - 24 Jan, 2014, 4 Days, California

29th cruise - Crown Princess, 03 - 10 May 2014, 7 Day, LA to Vancouver.

30th cruise - Pacific Princess, 05 - 12 Aug. 2014, 7 Days, Vancouver RT, Alaska

31st cruise - Golden Princess, 13 - 17 Oct. 2014, 4 Days, LA - Mexican Riv, RT,

32nd cruise - Crown Princess, 20 - 27 Dec. 2014, 7 Days, LA - Mexican Riv, RT.

thanks for your reply!

there are comparison charts that compare various brands, but i need to compare Tzora models to each other.

if you find any, please let me know.

That is exactly the feature to which I'm referring. This is just one site that will allow you to compare the different Tzora models:

http://www.topmobility.com/folding-travel-scooters-s450.htm

I know nothing about this online retailer. Almost every retailer's website I've seen has a similar 'compare' feature. You simply click which models you are considering.

Travel Scoot isn't on our list of top contenders. Too many things on it don't fit our needs.

My husband has been using Tzora scooter, Lexis Light for about 3 years now. He started traveling with a GO GO Elite Traveler but it became too heavy for us to lift in and out of the car (even together).

The fact that this one folds (into about the size of a suitcase) has allowed us to be tendered in almost all the ports that require tendering. It has really been a lifesaver for us to allow us to travel almost anywhere. We have taken it to Asia, Norway, the Caribbean, Mexico and many other countries.

The only time that we had trouble was in China, where the airline didn't quite know what to make of it and after about a half hour of their making calls to everyone ? made us take it to "oversize freight" and they wrapped it up in cellophane and put my husband in a wheelchair to take him to the gate.

My husband is able to walk a bit, so we have not had any problem with transferring to a chair. He usually parks the scooter at the entrance of the DR or near our table and walks to our table. Upon boarding, we check to see where our table is and if it is not near the entrance, we speak to the Maitre d' and he changes it for us so that it is very close to where my husband can park and take just a few steps to the table.

On our last cruise, there were 2 others (both women) who had the same scooter. It is very reliable, well balanced and we like the fact that it has a "key" starter so that when we leave it no one is able to move it.

i too can walk a bit & do exactly what your husband does- park & walk a bit. does your lexus light fold down in one piece without bending? i had to bend to fold & unfold.

also, does your lexus light have the motor in the front? if so, does it have power going up a hill?

i too can walk a bit & do exactly what your husband does- park & walk a bit. does your lexus light fold down in one piece without bending? i had to bend to fold & unfold.

also, does your lexus light have the motor in the front? if so, does it have power going up a hill?

My husband does need to bend down to fold the scooter (I usually am the one who bends down to do it) and to lift it along with my help. Sometimes we take off the battery to make it lighter to lift in and out of the car.

The motor is on the front and he sometimes needs a "push" to get up a hill even on a full battery. It depends on how steep the hill is.

One of the things we like about the Tzora is the key. We also vacation at WDW and since we would be leaving the scooter behind while on rides, a key is a requirement. DH is quite tall (about 6'5") and is concerned about how comfortable he'd be with his long legs.. We've rented Pride scooters for WDW trips before and he was fine on those. Does the Tzora have comparable leg room?

We first saw a Tzora scooter on our Antarctica cruise about 7 years ago. I had a chance to talk to the wife and she raved about the scooter. She felt it enabled them to keep traveling. The time has now come that we need to get one for cruising.

My tzora is also 10 years old and we are having a bit of a problem with the battery holding a charge, otherwise a great scooter unless you are bothered by bumping on uneven sidewalks, going over cobblestones etc as I now am. No shocks. Much loved scooter!

But the reason I am posting is to be sure you know the company I bought from, then called Planet Mobility was prosecuted by the Michagan Attorney General. They are back in operation again using a new name -discovery my mobilty is website I think-identical web design, still in Michagan. I strongly suggest you either check with Tzora to see all companies in US that carry it and be sure to find a reputable dealer. I have no clue of the court results but if you google planet mobility complaints I think you can see what was illegal.

http://www.tzora.com/category shows current two models-the easy travel and indoor/outdoor Titan and Titan 4 Could call the company and ask, plus website lists international distributors. I am uncertain if there are real differences in online light, light deluxe etc

We'd seen the legal problems with the Michigan company(s) and figured it is pretty darn bad if the AG gets involved. :eek: Because of this we'd taken the Tazoras off our list - until we found some other online retailers that also carry them. We'd considered the Titan and feel it might be too big. We still need a scooter that folds up nicely and won't take up too much space in our cabin. We're also concerned that it would have problems in ship elevators and be too long to fit on the Disney buses. It also looks too 'street' and are worried about getting it in theme parks.

Right now the other scooters that are contenders are the Solax Mobie and Luggie Elite (not sure this one has a key).

Edited by Mary Ellen

My husband does need to bend down to fold the scooter (I usually am the one who bends down to do it) and to lift it along with my help. Sometimes we take off the battery to make it lighter to lift in and out of the car.

The motor is on the front and he sometimes needs a "push" to get up a hill even on a full battery. It depends on how steep the hill is.

Thank you!!! After researching & researching, I've finally gotten the info I need- from You! I now know that I don't want a front wheel drive.

Cruise Critic does it again!

We are also looking pride go go LX with cTs since it is one of the only smaller travel scooters with true shock absorbers. Does not fold though.

What I want is a folding scooter with shock absorbers AND a high back (captain or admiral) seat for head support.

As likely as leprechauns.

We are also looking pride go go LX with cTs since it is one of the only smaller travel scooters with true shock absorbers. Does not fold though.

What I want is a folding scooter with shock absorbers AND a high back (captain or admiral) seat for head support.

As likely as leprechauns.

I know Brigadoon lasted for only one day, but what about getting the folding scooter that you like & then having it adapted with shock absorbers & higher back?

• 3 months later...
My tzora is also 10 years old and we are having a bit of a problem with the battery holding a charge, otherwise a great scooter unless you are bothered by bumping on uneven sidewalks, going over cobblestones etc as I now am. No shocks. Much loved scooter!

But the reason I am posting is to be sure you know the company I bought from, then called Planet Mobility was prosecuted by the Michagan Attorney General. They are back in operation again using a new name -discovery my mobilty is website I think-identical web design, still in Michagan. I strongly suggest you either check with Tzora to see all companies in US that carry it and be sure to find a reputable dealer. I have no clue of the court results but if you google planet mobility complaints I think you can see what was illegal.

http://www.tzora.com/category shows current two models-the easy travel and indoor/outdoor Titan and Titan 4 Could call the company and ask, plus website lists international distributors. I am uncertain if there are real differences in online light, light deluxe etc

I am so glad I found your post. I have spent the last two months trying to find a reputable distributor for Tzora mobility scooters. It has been horrifying to discover how so many of the companies use the similar scheme as Planet/DiscoverMyMobility to victimize the elderly or disabled, using bait and switch techniques with low prices. Others advertise "beat anyone's price" either do not respond or make up excuses when asked to beat Discover's advertised web prices.

Here is the worst nightmare. I wrote to the owner of Tzora, Adi, in Israel twice, explaining what I had been finding and asking for referrals to trustworthy distributors. He finally route my letter to Carla Frost, manager of Tzora's own warehouse in the US (also in Michigan). She offered to sell me any scooter at Tzora's MRP price according to Tzora's policy. I said I did not want to pay that price since everyone else was advertising for less and include free accessories.

Here is the topper. She wrote to tell me she had talked to Mike Woods, the same Mike Woods who was convicted! She said he wanted to talk to me but did not have my phone number; I could either call him (she furnished his number) or I could give her my number to give to him. I said, thanks, but no thanks.

Seems like Adi has no problem dealing with convicted business owners who engage in fraudulent business conduct. If anyone still wishes to contact Adi, please do so. It will be interesting to find out if he responds the same way.

I STILL WANT TO BUY A TZORA at a good price with free accessories, because it is a good product. Has anyone bought one from a company that you feel good about? Please let me know.

While I still can walk (barely!) perhaps 50-yards, I'm thinking of another cruise pehaps to Europe or South America. My experience on cruises is pretty good (15-20 or so). In the last cruise (Zuiderdam), I did use a walker to get to the MDR from mid-ship and all about the ship.

That being said, I had intended to use a scooter mostly for excursions. What has been your experience using it in port, specially in Europe where cobblestone streets are concerned?

Thanks

Tom

I love my small folding Tzora travel scooter but my brains are still rattling, & I can still feel the long-lasting effect on my back, from riding it on cobblestones!

A little bit- ok; more- Nosiree!!!

My best experience in any city's old section: Barcelona, where large flat stones make it easy to negotiate even small alleyways with the smallest, lightest-weight scooter.

Edited by your1mom
changed title

I am still looking, in part because last disneyworld visit I had to rent a scooter with a headrest for head/neck support. It seems as if no folding or portable scooters have high backed chairs.

Disney itself rents large scooters as do the authorized local scooter companies disneyworld recommends. You just need to adjust the the larger turn radius.

If headrest is not needed we liked the pride go-go with cTs suspension to make ride more comfortable than other small scooters. For a larger one, the pride guy at the Abilities Expo said the pride victory 9 will be returning and for sale in about a month.

I love my small folding Tzora travel scooter but my brains are still rattling, from riding it on cobblestones!

Thanks for the information. But how does it do on grass? (parks etc. - assuming, I guess, that the grass is not wet/muddy?