Upsell question?

Redtravel

Sailing soon. I got a upsell offer from a veranda to concierge cabin for $200 pp

Are the concierge features worth the added expensive ? Cabin size is the same. I have already made reservations at the specialty restaurants with no problem. I have booked my excursions. Not in any hurry to board the ship. Is there any feature that makes spending the extra $400 worth it?

Sailing soon. I got a upsell offer from a veranda to concierge cabin for $200 pp

Are the concierge features worth the added expensive ? Cabin size is the same. I have already made reservations at the specialty restaurants with no problem. I have booked my excursions. Not in any hurry to board the ship. Is there any feature that makes spending the extra $400 worth it?

Having done both Veranda and Concierge cabins, I do not think it is worth the additional expense. I prefer a cabin in the middle of the ship, that is the only advantage I have found. The Concierge Lounge is not worth an additional $400.00, IMO. Of course, you may want to try it once and determine for yourself the value. Or wait and see if Oceania makes you a better offer.

James

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is a personal choice

Only you can decide if the added features are worth it to you

If we get a good deal on an A Cabin we take it especially for warm destinations

We get to use the spa deck as a perk

Or we will book a C

we are not too hard to please as long it is not in the bow of the ship I am happy ;)

Having done everything from an F category up to an A1, it is hard to say at what point extra cost justifies some of the extra perks as one goes up the categories. You stated that you are going from Veranda to Concierge with this upsell if you take it. That would be about a break even point for us provided you have a sailing that is 10 days or more, but that would be up to you.

There is no one single thing that I could mention, but rather a combination of perks. In addition to what has already been mentioned, the perks that we have found enjoyable or convenient above a B level cabin are: Champagne chilled and waiting in your room when you board; pressing of garmets at embarkation when they come out of the suitcase wrinkled; the ability to get a full hot breakfast delivered to your room on mornings when you are getting ready for an early tour---or just any morning you want to leisurely enjoy breakfast on your balcony; a laptop on the desk ready to go when you need it if you want something larger than the phone or iPad; ability to borrow an iPad if you didn't bring yours along; an Oceania logo tote bag that is yours to keep after the cruise and comes in handy sometimes during the cruise; the desk top computers in Concierge Lounge which are convenient at times for us as well as convenience of reading some newspapers while getting a cup of coffee or tea convenient to your cabin any time of the day; and (the biggie for us) is the unlimited access to spa terrace with the privacy and quiet of that space.

Only you can make the decision as to what that is worth to you.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

not too sure on the value of concierge class. I'm curious on how far away your cruise is? My sailing in 7 weeks is top empty. (everything above veranda is available). concierge/ penthouse in particular vastly empty. Eagerly wondering if I will be fortunate to receive an up-sell email :)

not too sure on the value of concierge class. I'm curious on how far away your cruise is? My sailing in 7 weeks is top empty. (everything above veranda is available). concierge/ penthouse in particular vastly empty. Eagerly wondering if I will be fortunate to receive an up-sell email :)

Did you book through a TA? If so, let your TA know what you are interested in and your top offer for any upgrade (for example, no more than $400/pp for a PH, etc) That way the TA can act on your behalf in case they can't reach you fast enough.

Offers are on a first come basis and the good ones go fast.

My cruise is 3 weeks away. If I had been offered an upgrade to a suite, I would have made the change. The extra space is definitely It for us. We just sailed on a small ship with all suites. The extra space was fabulous.

My cruise is 3 weeks away. If I had been offered an upgrade to a suite, I would have made the change. The extra space is definitely It for us. We just sailed on a small ship with all suites. The extra space was fabulous.

Which ship are you on? The information about the Concierge lounge only applies to Marina & Riviera.

There are also some Concierge cabins on the R ships with larger balconies.

We were in two minds whether to book Concierge. And I mean literally two minds. I did not think the extra expense worth it. On the other hand, my partner said this was a celebration holiday and the perks would be nice. So, we booked concierge. I remain unconvinced but we'll see.

We were in two minds whether to book Concierge. And I mean literally two minds. I did not think the extra expense worth it. On the other hand, my partner said this was a celebration holiday and the perks would be nice. So, we booked concierge. I remain unconvinced but we'll see.

Have to go along to get along. Seems to work for me.

When we've been in a veranda suite we have preferred concierge ... but that's just us. I know from reading posts here that many feel it is definitely NOT worth it! It may depend on how important the financial impact is...

Concierge gets you a hot breakfast in the room but we found the room too small to be comfortable for a hot breakfast there. There are some other advantages we've never taken advantage of (like the spa deck).

Regular readers know that usually we're in a suite but there have been times when we booked too late, and once when we took a very lucrative downsell on a crowded cruise. We were surprised at how happy we were in that B1 after a number of cruises in PH, OC and VS. (Never tried an OS on the big ships and I'm pretty sure we never will!)

Mura '

There seems to be alot of empty cabins in most catagories except vista suites

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

The more empty cabins, the better likelihood of upsell offers (provided they need to move people). If there are no waitlisted categories, they will probably just run a promo to fill the empty cabins.

Notify your TA of your desires and parameters.

There is no set time - depends on how well (or how poorly) the sailing is selling.

Please note - upgrades and upsells are not interchangeable terms. Upgrades are very rare - upsells much more common.

That is a great upgrade. Of course, you know there is no going back once you experience the A2. [emoji3]

James

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are correct and I used the term "upgrade" to denote that while the passenger is paying an extra cost for a different cabin, the new cabin is an "upgrade" from the previous cabin, IMO.

James

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct and I used the term "upgrade" to denote that while the passenger is paying an extra cost for a different cabin, the new cabin is an "upgrade" from the previous cabin, IMO.

James

Sorry James - while I didn't make it clear, I was actually responding to post number 21 which asked about "upgrade offers" and not your post.

Sorry James - while I didn't make it clear, I was actually responding to post number 21 which asked about "upgrade offers" and not your post.

I did not take any offense by your post. You are correct, an upgrade is usually at no cost while an upsell is at an additional cost.

James