San Diego Hotel

bjbear

Embassy Suites is probably the closest and with the free full cooked to order breakfast and free cocktails is a nice place for a single traveler. We have stayed there several times. You could almost roll your luggage across the street to the pier or take one of the many pedi-cabs.

Embassy Suites is probably the closest and with the free full cooked to order breakfast and free cocktails is a nice place for a single traveler. We have stayed there several times. You could almost roll your luggage across the street to the pier or take one of the many pedi-cabs.

While we enjoy Embassy Suites, and would stay there in a heartbeat, it is commonly discussed that there are a couple closer. Springhill Suites, Wyndham and Hampton, for example.

While we enjoy Embassy Suites, and would stay there in a heartbeat, it is commonly discussed that there are a couple closer. Springhill Suites, Wyndham and Hampton, for example.

They probably are a little closer and probably cheaper. I am Hilton brand loyal so either do the ES or Hilton Gas Lamp. Gas Lamp is always my first choice.

We are currently on cruise from San Diego through Panama Canal and we stayed at Wyndham and loved it. We were a short walk across the street to board the ship and close enough to walk to several resurants and touring spots as well as Midway aircraft carrier.

Solo cruiser here. Have cruised from SD numerous times. Highly recommend Hampton Inn if you want something in the Hilton family. They have an airport shuttle, and will take you over to the port (2 blocks away), but I just walk. Very convenient location, and within walking distance of the pier, the Midway, Seaport Village, and Little Italy. HOHO bus stop nearby too.

Roz

It may be gorgeous, but it's expensive and not close to the cruise terminal.

Roz

Sent from my SM-S820L using Forums mobile app

It can be expensive when a convention is in town, as it is close to the Convention Center. More reasonable at other times. It is less than a mile to the Cruise Terminal, so not as close as the other hotels mentioned, but easily walkable, unless you have mobility issues.

It can be expensive when a convention is in town, as it is close to the Convention Center. More reasonable at other times. It is less than a mile to the Cruise Terminal, so not as close as the other hotels mentioned, but easily walkable, unless you have mobility issues.

When you factor in the free breakfast and free cocktail happy hour it's not that bad. But, if there is a convention in town i.e.: ComicCon. You won't be able to find a place anywhere in downtown for under $500 a night and even then you better book a year in advance. We have found cheaper prices on Coronado Island at times.

We just stayed at the Springhill Suites/Residence Inn RIGHT across from the pier (on Bayfront Court) three weeks ago, and really liked it. It is less than one year old, the rooms was great, very friendly staff and a good free breakfast. These two Marriott franchises operate as one.

Three minute walk to the pier. Lots of great dining options nearby (Little Italy for one). A number of things to do nearby also. Only negative was the lack of an airport shuttle (the Wyndam next door has one, as does the nearby Hampton Inn).

We stayed in Holiday Inn Express Downtown, excellent hotel - good rooms and location (15 minutes walk from city centre and Gaslamp area) and will pick you up from Amtrak station and airport. When we turned up at airport and phoned hotel, they apologised because transport was busy but asked us to get taxi with receipt and they would reimburse us. Happy hour between 5 and 6.30 - and substantial breakfast. Free shuttle to cruise port. Would definitely recommend it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They probably are a little closer and probably cheaper. I am Hilton brand loyal so either do the ES or Hilton Gas Lamp. Gas Lamp is always my first choice.

Gas Lamp is right across street from a Pandora food place and near a CVS - you need a taxi but nice place

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know this is off suject, but we're staying at the Springhill Suites for our Mar. cruise and

was wondering if anyone knows if there is anyplace within walking distance to buy a couple bottles of wine? Thanks

Do you know what part of San Diego you're staying in? That would help to answer your question.

Roz

I know this is off suject, but we're staying at the Springhill Suites for our Mar. cruise and

was wondering if anyone knows if there is anyplace within walking distance to buy a couple bottles of wine? Thanks

We went to Rite Aid on Ash Street at Kettner- about 4 blocks away. Had a decent wine selection and reasonable prices IMO. Its on the way to Little Italy - great area for dinner!

Loved Springhill Suites - brand new and very close to the pier (3 minute walk). Good deli/sandwich shop/bar on premise.

We went to Rite Aid on Ash Street at Kettner- about 4 blocks away. Had a decent wine selection and reasonable prices IMO. Its on the way to Little Italy - great area for dinner!

Loved Springhill Suites - brand new and very close to the pier (3 minute walk). Good deli/sandwich shop/bar on premise.

Thanks, Daveokc.......knew I could count on you. We'll head that way for dinner and wine.

• 1 month later...