Drury Inn vs Holiday Inn Superdome?

outdoorlady79

Looking at these two hotels (or open to other suggestions that are similar in cost) for one friday night in June. Can anyone share their pros/cons or experiences of the two? We will have a vehicle (I know Drury has $30 parking charge, did not see one listed on Holiday Inn but wouldn't be shocked if they have one), Two adults and 18 year old daughter sharing a room.

Haven’t stayed at Drury. I have a friend who did and he liked it. I stayed at Holiday Inn about two weeks ago and really liked it. Parking was about the same. But what I really liked about Holiday inn is you could park yourself and the elevator that takes you to your room, also takes you to the parking garage. So when we checked out I did express checkout on the tv and went straight down to the car where usually I have to wait for valet to go get the car in New Orleans. Nice balcony/view as well.

Drury is closer the port but I’d say Holiday inn is closer to the quarter. Some on here have reported a park and cruise package for holiday inn so you may want to check on that.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I could never bring myself to stay at the Holiday Inn Superdome.

This won't matter to you, but let me tell you why...

Back in the 70's when I was just starting high school, The Holiday Inn was called "The Downtown Howard Johnson's"

This is the site of one of the most tragic and bloody events ever to occur in New Orleans.

A sniper named Mark Essex killed many people in that hotel as well as police and firemen.

He set the hotel on fire in a lot of different locations to lure the fire and police department to the building. Once they arrived, he started shooting them one by one...

This went on for over 24 hours before he was finally killed by Police Sharpshooters from a Military Helicopter...

That hotel has always had a dark cloud over it ever since for lots of us who witnessed this tragic incident...

Now, I HAVE stayed at Drury, and yes, the parking is expensive, but man, it is a fantastic hotel!