Live from Navigator...1st leg of world cruise

crusin7

We had a 2 hour drive from our home in Santa Barbara to the port. The skies were threatening rain but we only had a slight drizzle. We arrived at 11:20 and were told to sit and boarding would begin shortly.

They had 2 lines set up for named suite boarding. Those had the infamous red carpet....not red...but 2 carpets with the Regent logo.

At noon it was announced we could begin. There were probably 50 of us. Sorry, but we are in a named suite so we checked in first. After going through security we were told to sit again. The ship was not ready. For us, check in could not have gone smoother. All port employees were very friendly.

About 12:10 we board. Yahooooo! We made it. We have been looking forward to this cruise for years. The ship looks beautiful. We go to our room to drop our bags. It's gorgeous. We are ecstatic!

Off to La Veranda for a yummy lunch...pasta. It is crowded because it is now raining. They open Prime 7 for additional seating.

The lifeboat drill takes place at 4:15. At the end the Captain says we will have gale force winds and 2 foot swells!! Oh no! We all meet at reception to pick up our packets of gold...our seasickness medication.

We leave at 6:00, 1 hour late. Dinner in Prime 7 was excellent. Service superb! So far the ships motion is not bad.

The bed is like a cocoon of Heaven!! I want to put it and my pillows in our luggage. Sleep.....

Well a lot has changed since last night. We woke about 2:30am bobbing like a cork. I put a Scop patch on last night so feel okay. Many things fell down in our bathroom.

We have room service at 8:00. The coffee seems better. I brought my peppermint mocha creamer so that helps. Our butler says the seas will be like this for 2 days :eek: We are in the front of the ship on deck 10. He says we will feel the motion the most. It is now 10:00 and the seas are pretty bad. Too much movement to shower.

Our room has lots of storage. Much more than the Explorer had. I will be happy to answer any questions. Looks like I'm staying in room for now.

Captain Atanas Kostadinov

GM Davor

CD Jamie & Dana

Chef Michael

Food & Bev. Ricky

Cruise Consultant Bruce

We arrived at 11:20 and were told to sit and boarding would begin shortly.

They had 2 lines set up for named suite boarding. Those had the infamous red carpet....not red...but 2 carpets with the Regent logo.

At noon it was announced we could begin. There were probably 50 of us. Sorry, but we are in a named suite so we checked in first. After going through security we were told to sit again. The ship was not ready. For us, check in could not have gone smoother. All port employees were very friendly.

About 12:10 we board..

Hi - really looking forward to reading about your adventures on the World Cruise! I'm curious if only named suite guests could check in first as a poster that recently boarded in Los Angeles said that they also board Platinum, Titanium, Diamond and Commodore guests in the priority line.

Thanks!

Thanks so much for taking us along Crusn7, enjoy your once in a lifetime Worldcruise!

The Regent cruise critic board is now the most active with live threads that I can remember. Love it!

Currently, we have Iriswitchey now posting live from the Mariner, Crusn7 also sharing live posts from the Navigator. PaulaJK is also now live posting on the Explorer. Mr. Rumor and Forgap will be posting live on the Voyager towards the end of the month(pre cruise) live in early Feb.

Crusin7, your post brought back memories of last year when we were on the second segment of the World Cruise. As luck would have it, we had gale force winds and huge swells for the first 4 days as the pacific storms rolled into California. Many passengers were green around the gills for the first 48 hours. A stack of Versace chargers did not make the trip when they came crashing down in Compass Rose. Thank goodness the sommeliers rushed around taking the wine buckets off their pedestals! Priorities are priorities! Hope the seas simmer down and you get your sea legs!

Prior to embarkation we were asked discreetly if we were in a named suite. Also titanium would be allowed to board. There was no calls over a loudspeaker. I thought it was handled well.

I forgot to mention that my Diet Dr Pepper made it on board. Jim's original Bombay Gin showed up after dinner. Much to my horror it just fell off the shelf. Thank goodness it didn't break!!

The seas remind me of our first Regent cruise, Sydney to Auckland on the Mariner. We had 35 foot waves in the Tasman Sea. I lost 5 pounds on that cruise. This seems pretty comparable.

Prior to embarkation we were asked discreetly if we were in a named suite. Also titanium would be allowed to board. There was no calls over a loudspeaker. I thought it was handled well.

I forgot to mention that my Diet Dr Pepper made it on board. Jim's original Bombay Gin showed up after dinner. Much to my horror it just fell off the shelf. Thank goodness it didn't break!!

The seas remind me of our first Regent cruise, Sydney to Auckland on the Mariner. We had 35 foot waves in the Tasman Sea. I lost 5 pounds on that cruise. This seems pretty comparable.

Our last Navigator cruise in the summer of '16 had us in 30' seas with 60+ knot winds. It was truly a memorable experience! We found out the secret, though - you need to find just the perfect level of intoxication to where you're weaving as you walk down the hallway...if you find the right level you'll get in sync with the rocking of the ship and you'll be able to walk perfectly straight anywhere on board. (Coincidentally my wife and I discovered this right after a 10:00 AM wine tasting with Arthur and Rambo). It may take a bit of practice to get it right... ;p:wine-glass:

All kidding aside, thanks for taking the time to post - looking forward to digitally traveling with you!

I am so glad that you are posting on the World Cruise, since it will be our turn on the Navigator World next year.

I hope the seas smooth out, and will be following your trip !

Isn't net years World Cruise on the Mariner or it is 2020? Obviously the Mariner will handle the seas much better than the Navigator.

Thank you for posting. I look forward to following along.

A trick for securing your bottles in rough seas: put them in the trash pail and stuff towels (or some other fabric item) around them. Be sure to clue your steward in so s/he does not try to throw out the pail's contents.

Isn't net years World Cruise on the Mariner or it is 2020? Obviously the Mariner will handle the seas much better than the Navigator.

2020 is Mariner. Have been gently “promoting” it to my DH as Mariner is our favorite ship and it will be close to our 50th wedding anniversary. Still have some work to do :). I am also looking forward to following blogs/posts of this year’s cruise. Thank you to all who take the time to share your adventures with us!

2020 is Mariner. Have been gently “promoting” it to my DH as Mariner is our favorite ship and it will be close to our 50th wedding anniversary. Still have some work to do :). I am also looking forward to following blogs/posts of this year’s cruise. Thank you to all who take the time to share your adventures with us!

Ah, so that explains why Mariner is not doing South America that year!

Thank you for posting. I look forward to following along.

A trick for securing your bottles in rough seas: put them in the trash pail and stuff towels (or some other fabric item) around them. Be sure to clue your steward in so s/he does not try to throw out the pail's contents.

We can't do that because we are vomiting in them! It's really bad.

We can't do that because we are vomiting in them! It's really bad.

Not too much information IMO - it is important to let people know what you are experiencing. The one time my DH was seasick (Navigator) and the one time I was seasick (Mariner) I shared the information with other posters.

Do hope that the seas calm down sooner rather than later and appreciate your informative posts:)

I am so glad that you are posting on the World Cruise, since it will be our turn on the Navigator World next year.

I hope the seas smooth out, and will be following your trip !

We can't do the entire world cruise next year but we are aboard for the first leg from LA to Tahiti so this live report is really building the excitement.

Good Morning! We survived the ships gyrations. We never left our room yesterday. We had a dinner that consisted of grilled chicken and white rice. It was delicious.

Yesterday was very hard for us. We lost 3 friends in the Santa Barbara mudslides. It is unbelievable! Our home and our 2 boys and their families are all safe.

The seas are much calmer. I even went to the spa. I had reflexology with Chetan. He is amazing. We know him from the Mariner. It was nice to de stress with him.

Yesterday was very hard for us. We lost 3 friends in the Santa Barbara mudslides. It is unbelievable! Our home and our 2 boys and their families are all safe.

My heart goes out to you and your friends families. Such a devastating disaster and I watched with horror on the TV this morning.

But despite this, I am very pleased that your home and family are safe

We had a 2 hour drive from our home in Santa Barbara to the port. The skies were threatening rain but we only had a slight drizzle. We arrived at 11:20 and were told to sit and boarding would begin shortly.

About 12:10 we board. Yahooooo! We made it. We have been looking forward to this cruise for years. The ship looks beautiful. We go to our room to drop our bags. It's gorgeous. We are ecstatic!

Off to La Veranda for a yummy lunch...pasta. It is crowded because it is now raining. They open Prime 7 for additional seating.

The lifeboat drill takes place at 4:15. At the end the Captain says we will have gale force winds and 2 foot swells!! Oh no! We all meet at reception to pick up our packets of gold...our seasickness medication.

We leave at 6:00, 1 hour late. Dinner in Prime 7 was excellent. Service superb! So far the ships motion is not bad.

The bed is like a cocoon of Heaven!! I want to put it and my pillows in our luggage. Sleep.....

We have the 2019 world cruise booked, so loving to hear the ups and downs.