Anthem splash area with sprinklers?

danixbanani

Hi! Seasoned cruiser here but now with a 2 year old. He is NOT potty trained yet and I am NOT looking to start any sort of fight in regards to the rules on cruises about diapers. I do not bring my son into the pools because of this rule.

We went on the NCL Breakaway over the summer and they had a splash area that my son could run around and play with the water...kind of like park sprinklers. We will be on the RCL Anthem in February and I’m just wondering if there is anything similar? I’ve tried searching pictures etc but all I see is the big sort of wading pool area that I’m sure he can’t go in because of the swim diaper. Just curious if there is a non-pool sprinkler type area on this ship for him to play? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Actually, the splash area on Breakaway is not for children in swim diapers, just for future reference. Just because it is a "splash area with sprinklers" does not mean it allows swim diapers.

The only ships that have USPH approved "infant only recreational water facilities" (splash areas that allow swim diapers), are the Disney ships, the RCI Oasis, Quantum, Freedom class ships, and a couple of Voyager class (not sure which).

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm assuming the orange, small wave pool looking area is not baby friendly? I just want to make sure I know. I have a LO who will not be potty trained by the time we cruise in March and I don't want to break any rules. Thanks!

So I'm assuming the orange, small wave pool looking area is not baby friendly? I just want to make sure I know. I have a LO who will not be potty trained by the time we cruise in March and I don't want to break any rules. Thanks!

Nope, and they will ask you if your kid is potty trained. They are supposed to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The areas that are designed for swim diapers will have signage denoting this, and typically you will see glass partitions between the swim diaper area and other kiddie splash areas/waterworks areas as there should be no cross-contamination of the water in each area, and to prevent kids from easily running or climbing from one area to the other.

• 1 month later...
Hi! Seasoned cruiser here but now with a 2 year old. He is NOT potty trained yet and I am NOT looking to start any sort of fight in regards to the rules on cruises about diapers. I do not bring my son into the pools because of this rule.

We went on the NCL Breakaway over the summer and they had a splash area that my son could run around and play with the water...kind of like park sprinklers. We will be on the RCL Anthem in February and I’m just wondering if there is anything similar? I’ve tried searching pictures etc but all I see is the big sort of wading pool area that I’m sure he can’t go in because of the swim diaper. Just curious if there is a non-pool sprinkler type area on this ship for him to play? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi there,

We will be on anthem in May with 20 month old. How did you find the area for toddlers?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there,

We will be on anthem in May with 20 month old. How did you find the area for toddlers?

You can ask any life guard, but it is on the port side near the larger splash area for kids. Access is on the side away from the larger splash area.

I don't know if there is any of the indoor pool areas are accessible to non-potty trained kids.