Callao (Lima), Peru HAL Cruise Ship Shuttle

PopPopB

Our HAL SA cruise on the MS Zaandam is stopping at Callao (Lima), Peru on March 22 & 23, 2018. I know that there are no private tours or individuals allowed at the port gate. I am also aware that cruise ships generally run shuttles from the gate into downtown Lima. We will be meeting a former foreign exchange son from Colombia in Lima for each of the two days we will be there. It is very important for us to know specifically where in Lima the shuttle will take us and what schedule it is likely to run so that we can meet him.. Does anyone know with specificity where the HAL shuttle goes in Lima (and when)?

I also posted this inquiry on the HAL board and the general response on that board for HAL was as follows: "HAL provided complimentary coach-style shuttle buses that ran from the ship to Parque Juan Pablo II beside Plaza San Miguel, an open-air-style shopping mall about 7-8 km from the port." I can't confirm that this will continue to be true for future HAL cruises or for other cruise lines but it appears to be accurate. Clearly, the area in the port around the gate is not an area where people want to be walking to meet others or to get to their vehicle.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you the post. It is very helpful info.

We are looking for similar sailing on 2019 on HAL Zaandam and wondering if HAL offers day trip excursion to Machu Pichu while Zaandam docks overnight in Callao (Lima). No clear answers from EXE dept staffs.

Thank you the post. It is very helpful info.

We are looking for similar sailing on 2019 on HAL Zaandam and wondering if HAL offers day trip excursion to Machu Pichu while Zaandam docks overnight in Callao (Lima). No clear answers from EXE dept staffs.

I don't know about HAL but Princess does. On the Princess website it is considered a 'cruisetour vacation" like those in Alaska that include a land portion. Maybe HAL characterizes it the same way and not as an excursion?

You fly to Cusco the morning the ship docks in Lima, spend two nights and return to the ship at the next port (San Martin on our cruise). Folks who did it had a great time.