cruising party of 5

megann831

I was hoping to book a cruise in November while I'm on maternity leave. I know I'll have to wait till the baby is 6 months, but we also will have an 8 and 6 year old. Are there any truly family friendly cruises that will not charge me full price for a 6 month old and allow us all in a mini suite, not a full suite?

We'll be looking to travel in November, I'd prefer a 5 hour drive within NYC. I'd rather something different that Florida and Bahamas

Within a 5 hr drive? Northeast ports are Boston, NYC (including Bayonne), Phily. That pretty much limits your booking. Most cruises from the northeast, normally do Bermuda, round trip. There is NCL out of Manhattan, and Royal Caribbean out of Bayonne , Cruise lines usually book in cabins of 4, with first and second passenger full price, 3/4 a lesser price. Putting 4 people plus a baby and all their needs in 1 cabin would be very tight. You need to book a full suite for the room you need. You are giving yourself quite a challenge. I would suggest you do a lot of Googleing on different cruise lines to give you an ideal of what they offer. Good luck

NCL has oceanviews that fit 5 people. They run 3rd and 4th person in the cabin free on a lot of their cruises. They do not charge gratuity on kids less than 3. Unfortunately, itinerary is limited. Most 7 day in November is Florida and Bahamas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...