World Cruise 2020

turtlemichael

Silver Whisper World Cruise 2020.

I hope I haven't missed a thread on this but the itinerary for 2020 is out.

The cruise starts in Fort Lauderdale on Jan 6, 2020 and finishes in Amsterdam on May 25, 139 days later. In between Silver Whisper heads down the east coast of South America to Antarctica, back up to Valparaiso then across the Pacific stopping at Easter Island and many other places, but not New Zealand, to Sydney. Next it is round the south of Australia and up the west coast to Singapore. From there Whisper heads to Mumbai, to Muscat and via the Suez to Civitavecchia. After that it is out into the Atlantic, up to Dublin, around the north coast of Britain with stops in Bergen and Flam finally to Amsterdam. All up there are 32 countries, 7 continents, 62 ports and 40 new destinations

One can dream :)

Oops Hope a mod can change the title to 2020.

• 3 weeks later...

Attached is the itinerary that we received in our suite on this year's WC. Apparently, the 2019 WC has 240 guests doing the entire WC. Final pricing supposed to be out on 3/27. Reservations limited to 2019 WC guests have 1st priority, 2018 guests have 2nd priority and then Venetian Society members with 100 days or more. Open to everyone else about the same date as final pricing.

2020 World Cruise Itinerary.pdf

Edited by DCCruiser57
Typo

Attached is the itinerary that we received in our suite...
That is a pretty amazing itinerary DCCruiser. Thx for sharing.

Does anyone know how SS plans to pull off a visit to Antarctica on the Whisper without zodiacs and nearly 400 passengers, twice as many as the Cloud?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the 2020 WC presentation, I believe they said they would be on deck at the stern. They may also put a couple at the front of the ship as I believe there are some cranes up. Will have to check. I believe that the changes will probably occur during the December dry dock along with other rehabs. Looks like she will be in dry dock for around two weeks. Apparently many guests were not happy with the previous drydock (end of 2016) so they did some additional in service work last Nov and scheduled another drydock at the end of 2018.

.... Apparently, the 2019 WC has 240 guests doing the entire WC. ....

That is a remarkable number given that DCCruiser57 said there were 108 on the current 2018 version. I guess it is early days and numbers can change particularly as serious money is yet to change hands- at least serious money that is largely not refundable.

Edited by turtlemichael

That is a remarkable number given that DCCruiser57 said there were 108 on the current 2018 version. I guess it is early days and numbers can change particularly as serious money is yet to change hands- at least serious money that is largely not refundable.

2019 itinerary is quite different from 2018 which has apparently accounted for the increased number. 2020 itinerary is quite tempting!

I think that 2018 was seen as a run of the mill world cruise and although it was visiting the high points for the first time world cruisers it was seen as old hat to the 150 guests who go every year.

These core guests are very vocal and whether right or wrong the company listens and does change things to suit them. When the first 2019 wc route was given to this group they said no and changes were made and looking at the 2019 it is very different from what I saw and coupled with a dry dock before, and the addition of famous authors finishing in London they mostly signed up.

2020 was a total shock in that it went to the far ends of the earth and beyond and although some of the worlds great cities are missing (Auckland,Hong Kong) the replacements are ticking the bucket list for many many people. The chance to go south to snow and ice and North to Norway is great thinking. If it has only been released at present to the regulars and they have said yes then I suspect that it will be almost full of people going all the way.

Can it be a success? well if my past experience is correct then Silverseas can pull it off.

Sorry so long post.

Silver Traveller

Now does anyone know of a bank that leaves the vault open at night or a tree that grows dollars,

• 2 weeks later...

Titled the Legends 2020 World Cruise has now been released and is on the web site along with pricing (I will need to find 2 money trees -see previous post) It must be wonderful to have so much that world trips are matter of fact and cost does not come into the equation) I am jealous but one must live to his/her means. I do enjoy cruising and am thankful that i can do some sailing and enjoy the company of so many nice people.

Sorry for the rant but its the guests and crew who make the voyages last in the memory.

Silver

Wow, it looks beautiful, and exciting. I'm curious: does anyone else find their "You are the 1% of the 1%" marketing off-putting? The whole 1% thing has quite negative connotations where I live.

Granted, SS isn't marketing their World Cruise to the other 99%, so perhaps it's okay? How did it land with you all? Am I the only one who cringed?

Hello everyone

Not surprised at the interest in this WC. I am very interested in two segments - however - as all of you must realise, those with few money trees, and not able to do the complete WC, will have to wait until at least April before those who are merely Venetians can get a bite of the cherry:(! So the poor segmentarians will have to keep their credit cards dry for the moment!!

I for one hope there are not many wanting to do the total WC!!

Kindest regards

Master Echo

I think you might be surprised. We are on th current WC and there are only 109 guests. Next year, that rises greatly to 240 and with the excitement about 2020, I would not be surprised if that number does rise to around 300 or so. We are signed up for both years.