Just off the Muse!

TheRoadie

The Muse is a beautiful ship! It felt so good just walking down the fresh halls.

We ate at all the venues. Indochine was our favorite. The lobster dishes were always cooked perfectly.

We would wait after the shows to just see Vickie deliver her act and the patience and handliing she had with the trivia crowd was delightful!

The bar staff, waiters and wine sommeliers were attentive and fun! Watching Albert demonstrate cocktails was a show in itself.

The duo in the Silver Note and the opera singer were miles above most ships’ entertainment.

The trip from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires was way too short. The last night saying goodbye to new friends, both guest and crew, brought tears to many eyes. The suitcases lined up in the halls made us realize, the voyage was over.

I have read a lot of complaints about the Muse, but we didn’t experience any of the problems others have had.

One last note....5 years ago we flew out of the airport in Buenos Aires and it was a 3 hour line through security. This year we left earlier, found a small restaurant that had a good Argentine wine, sat happily for an hour and half, the walked to the departure hall with no wait at all. So maybe the key was not caring about going earlier to the airport. Sitting and sipping is a comfortable way to avoid the lines.

Hope to see you all on the Muse someday!

PS. It is probably a good idea to have private transportation from the cruise terminal. We were in our hotel eating brunch hours before the bus transport arrived.

Thanks for takeing the time to report about your trip. It was great to read as we are going on Muse for two weeks in March, I was getting ready for a poor experence after reading other reports here. You had the trip I was expecting!

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

I was once asked "What should I do on a cruise."

My reply, " The first thing to do is to decide to like it." Abraham Lincoln said, " I guess people are about as happy as they want to be.". Maybe I got the quote right but if I didn't the sentiment is the key.

I'm glad I was able to help you. Enjoy everything on board and say hi to the cruise director and her staff from the loud Bingo winner who wanted to stay on board.:halo:

I've grown weary of the negative direction a majority of posts have taken. Compliments have become a rarity. If a guest has an issue, go to the hotel director at once. Their door is always open. Don't let it fester. His/Her staff cannot attempt to fix an issue they are not aware of. They cannot work miracles but based upon our days at sea, they do their very best to resolve the issue to the guests satisfaction.

Thanks for posting. Sounds like you had a great time.

My Muse cruise was similarly enjoyable and during a period where people complained about the reservation system in place. The majority doing the complaining had no intention of booking or hadn’t bothered to use the reservation system provided. I did and had zero problems.

Indochine was my favourite too. I would happily of eaten there every night.

Reading your bar experience has left me sad though. I’m assuming your reference to Albert will be the same Albert who is constantly praised on CC.

When he left the Wind last July, he said he had intended to take a position which meant working nearer to his family. We were hoping that may have meant the Shadow which spends a fair time in SE Asia.

I guess that means my wife won’t get to meet her favourite barman next month on the Shadow!

Thinking back, I do remember him also saying that he wanted to work on the Muse... so I guess he’s got his wish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

TheRoadie, I have a quick question for you. I will be cruising at the beginning of July and reservations are about to open up and we want to take full advantage of that. My question is I see the list of restaurants on their site (Atlantide, Indochine, Dame, Keiseki, La Terrazza, The Grill, Silver Note, Spaccanapoli), but which is the main dining room? I see a large space on deck 5 that says dolce vita, but I called and they said that is a bar. I can't be, it's huge. Is there a main dining restaurant on this ship other than the ones listed on their site? See attached. Thank you in advance for your help.

view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g0Jix7so7wdf7UHHLzfFPQj_IhdLO2WU/view?usp=sharing

Hello,

TheRoadie, I have a quick question for you. I will be cruising at the beginning of July and reservations are about to open up and we want to take full advantage of that. My question is I see the list of restaurants on their site (Atlantide, Indochine, Dame, Keiseki, La Terrazza, The Grill, Silver Note, Spaccanapoli), but which is the main dining room? I see a large space on deck 5 that says dolce vita, but I called and they said that is a bar. I can't be, it's huge. Is there a main dining restaurant on this ship other than the ones listed on their site? See attached. Thank you in advance for your help.

view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g0Jix7so7wdf7UHHLzfFPQj_IhdLO2WU/view?usp=sharing

https://www.silversea.com/ships/silver-muse/public-areas/dolce-vita-3.html

My question is I see the list of restaurants on their site (Atlantide, Indochine, Dame, Keiseki, La Terrazza, The Grill, Silver Note, Spaccanapoli), but which is the main dining room? I see a large space on deck 5 that says dolce vita, but I called and they said that is a bar. I can't be, it's huge.
Hi CruiseJ! You'll find that Dolce Vita is indeed the bar and it is enormous. On one end is reception and the concierge desk while on the other is the bar.

The Muse doesn't have a traditional main dining room which is what makes the ship so cool IMHO. Both Atlantide and Indochine operate like a main dining room though whereby you don't need a reservation to dine in those venues. During our sold voyage, we never a problem getting a table whether we dined early (7p), traditional (8p), or late (9p). Both venues have a small bar as well, so it's a nice place to grab a pre-dinner cocktail too.

Enjoy your voyage!

I've grown weary of the negative direction a majority of posts have taken. Compliments have become a rarity. If a guest has an issue, go to the hotel director at once. Their door is always open. Don't let it fester. His/Her staff cannot attempt to fix an issue they are not aware of. They cannot work miracles but based upon our days at sea, they do their very best to resolve the issue to the guests satisfaction.

On the Muse voyage from Montreal to Ft Lauderdale the HD's door was always open but he was never in there, apart from once when he was heading over to his replacement. Didn't have a problem, but just saying.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Muse is a beautiful ship! It felt so good just walking down the fresh halls.

We ate at all the venues. Indochine was our favorite. The lobster dishes were always cooked perfectly.

We would wait after the shows to just see Vickie deliver her act and the patience and handliing she had with the trivia crowd was delightful!

The bar staff, waiters and wine sommeliers were attentive and fun! Watching Albert demonstrate cocktails was a show in itself.

The duo in the Silver Note and the opera singer were miles above most ships’ entertainment.

The trip from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires was way too short. The last night saying goodbye to new friends, both guest and crew, brought tears to many eyes. The suitcases lined up in the halls made us realize, the voyage was over.

I have read a lot of complaints about the Muse, but we didn’t experience any of the problems others have had.

One last note....5 years ago we flew out of the airport in Buenos Aires and it was a 3 hour line through security. This year we left earlier, found a small restaurant that had a good Argentine wine, sat happily for an hour and half, the walked to the departure hall with no wait at all. So maybe the key was not caring about going earlier to the airport. Sitting and sipping is a comfortable way to avoid the lines.

Hope to see you all on the Muse someday!

PS. It is probably a good idea to have private transportation from the cruise terminal. We were in our hotel eating brunch hours before the bus transport arrived.

Glad to hear you had a great time on the Muse. It is a lovely ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums