How well does Silversea cater for solos?

fraj1

I’m a solo cruiser and like cruise lines which help solo travellers get together for shared dinners, trips ashore etc. Just wondering what opportunities Silversea provides to meet and mingle with other solos?

Very grateful for any responses.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I’m a solo cruiser and like cruise lines which help solo travellers get together for shared dinners, trips ashore etc. Just wondering what opportunities Silversea provides to meet and mingle with other solos?

Very grateful for any responses.

Thanks

In our opinion, quite well. There will be a solos get together on the first evening and the two International Hostesses and the Gentlemen Hosts (if on board) will try to ensure that tables are hosted on a regular basis. Trips ashore may not be as well organised, however using the Meet & Mingle facility and roll calls may help find like minded other singles.

In addition to joining other solos at tables in the MDR, if nothing has been organized, you can ask to join a group table of any kind when you come to the MDR, regardless of whether there are other solos, as most couples who choose a group table have a mindset to be welcoming rather than resentful. Solos on SS seemed to be well-treated, and there were many of them on the cruises we took, likely due to decent pricing.

I have cruised solo and as a couple, (though not solo on SS) and thus typically watch the ambience for solos and thought it was excellent, as did the solos I talked to, mostly older, well-traveled women.

I have travelled on solo cruises 5 times now and had fun. People in the group are quite often similar in thoughts and I have kept in contact with several passengers who now I call friends. I have also noticed that couples often ask me to join them for meals as they know I am on my own . Silversea passengers tend to mix easily, far better than the huge lines that carry thousands of passengers and who quite often you will never see again.

:DThe gentleman hosts are there if you want to dance and have a knack of making you feel welcome most times.

If you are timid and shy maybe solo travelling isn't for you but my circumstances mean that I have no option and I sure do enjoy myself on Silversea.:D

Good morning, I took my first Silversea cruise last summer and it was FANTASTIC:D and I always sail solo. I felt very welcomed and am sailing with them again in July (solo). The staff and crew are terrific. There were quite a few solo guests on board and there was always a cocktail area upstairs that would offer a spot to chat (if you are so inclined). Nice way to meet other folks.

But the ships are small and intimate and I felt quite comfortable all the time and didn't always attend.....it is easy for me to meet other people anyway. Shy is not part of my personality;) Oh, another nice thing, at the beginning of the cruise, (first night) they had enough solo guests that they put a 10 top together for a group of us to have dinner together...nice way to meet others......going

forward I dined with a couple of other gals throughout the cruise.....and had dinner with 3 different officers as well. It was

extremely nice:)

Anyway, I would recommend them very highly...........any other questions and I will be happy to try and answer them......:)