confused

alias tel

Hi am going on my first cruise in 2 weeks , don't know how much cash to take (7 night cruise) stay for 1 day in barcelona. I am planning to use credit card for on board. Can someone please advise me x

on board is through your room key( much like hotels allow you to charge stuff back to your room) you can secure it with a credit card, of course( but not a debit card, that often leads to excessive holds on the account that last until well after the cruise ends)

as for what to bring for port visits.. entirely up to you. I have spent anywhere from nothing to thousands of dollars..

Are you doing shore excursions? You are going to need cash for those unless you booked through the cruise line and shore excursions in the Med are typically expensive - 150 Euros per person per day, sometimes more, sometimes less. For Barcelona, I would say 200 Euros would make sense to pay for 2-3 meals and anything else you might like to do there.

Hi am going on my first cruise in 2 weeks , don't know how much cash to take (7 night cruise) stay for 1 day in barcelona. I am planning to use credit card for on board. Can someone please advise me x

Pretty sure they take credit cards in Barcelona. If you have a good card with no foreign transaction fees just pay for your dinner with the card, specifying you want the charge in Euros. Then you will get your home bank's exchange rate which, if you have a good card, is probably the best you can get.

Be advised, there are ATMs on the ships. And ATMs in all the ports. And credit cards can be used in virtually every post you will visit on a cruise ship.

You do not need to carry large wads of cash.