Why are Cat. B4 cabins designated as the lowest of the balconies?

DrivesLikeMario

I'm trying to reason out why the B4s are at the lowest point in the balcony tiers. Is there something I'm not seeing on the deck plans that would make them noisy or with obstructions? I'm talking about the Marina specifically but any ship of that class I'm assuming would be the same. I can't find any cabin reviews on Youtube of this category either. Help?

Thanks!

I'm trying to reason out why the B4s are at the lowest point in the balcony tiers. Is there something I'm not seeing on the deck plans that would make them noisy or with obstructions? I'm talking about the Marina specifically but any ship of that class I'm assuming would be the same. I can't find any cabin reviews on Youtube of this category either. Help?

Thanks!

Location, location, location :)

Mid ship is considered prime location. It’s the case on just about all the cruiselines for same size cabins

B4 is in a good location. Deck 7 is the lowest deck with verandas. As you move toward midship and up to higher decks, the cabins get more expensive. All B and A cabins are the same size. It isn't until you get to deck 9 and suites that the cabins get larger. The amazing thing is that B4 cabins are huge. On other ships, I have been in suites that are smaller. If you notice, the B4 cabins are usually booked before other veranda cabins. The only draw back is that on embarkation day, you will wait longer than A or higher to get access to your cabin. You also have to wait longer before you can prebook the specialty restaurants. On my next cruise, I am in a B3. All B4s were booked. Relax and get ready for a great cruise.

Okay, so it seems it's not due to some balcony obstruction or rigging on the ship or that it's next to some noisy part of the ship. I just couldn't reconcile in my mind why the aft Deck 7 B4s were considered different than the other balcony cabins on that deck.

Really appreciate the help and will be sure to book a B4 the minute the 2020 itineraries come out. Thanks so much everyone!