Dining Questions

honeymoon cruiser 614

Hi all -

I have looked through the previous posts but I'm hoping someone can clarify a few things for me since I'm new to traveling on Oceania. Thanks in advance.

1) Can reservations be made in the Grand Dining Room? If so, can these be done online? If not, could our butler do them on board?

2) How late does the Grand Dining Room stay open? When do they release their menus (since they change every day)?

3) Since we have a butler, can we get food delivered to our room, even if it is midnight? (We have some late days in ports) Will we have a limited menu to choose from so late?

4) And am I correct in that the Sirena only has 2 speciality restaurants - Tuscan Steak and Red Ginger?

Thank you everyone!

1. Reservations are not required/accepted in the GDR, only the specialty restaurants.

2. Going by memory, the GDR dinner hours are 6:30 - 9:00. Menus can be viewed the evening before the meal.

3. Food from the restaurants, including the specialties, can be delivered to your cabin by your butler during the restaurant’s hours. There is also a 24 hour room service menu.

4. Correct, Red Ginger and Tuscan Steak are the only specialty restaurants on Sirena.

On Sirena last month, each evening's GDR menu was only available on one of the TV channels that day—nothing delivered to the stateroom the night before. Also, if you want dinner from GDR served in your room, the cutoff time for placing an order is 8:30 PM.

On Sirena last month, each evening's GDR menu was only available on one of the TV channels that day—nothing delivered to the stateroom the night before. Also, if you want dinner from GDR served in your room, the cutoff time for placing an order is 8:30 PM.

I've been begging them to do that since '03!

Saves millions of trees annually.

:hearteyes:

Great to hear...thanks.

Warning: on our Riviera cruise earlier this month, the MDR menus were mixed up by the ship’s TV people, and we arrived on the last Sunday of our cruise for Gerry’s favorite Beef Wellington only to find that it had been served the night before because the MDR menus had been flipped by them. Wow, was he ever steamed after anticipating it the entire two weeks onboard! We turned around and ate at the Terrace Cafe. Ah, such first-world annoyances!

Regarding late night dining: you can order from room service 24 hours a day.

We usually order a late lunch from Room Service (should we have missed being on board at meal time) and I love the regular club sandwich. But they also have excellent main courses. I remember once when I was prostrate with seasickness but finally felt up to a meal after regular dinner hours which I ordered from Room Service. It was excellent.

Maybe it was excellent because I hadn't eaten for a couple of days?????

Mura

Since you will have a butler, that means you are in a penthouse or above and can go to the concierge lounge and hang out (highly recommended, nice space) and view all of the restaurant menus while you sip a nice coffee, etc.

re: room service. was on marina last march 2017. wife took ill one evening where we were booked in Jacques. Cancelled Jacques and rebooked for later--no problem. Could not go, so I ordered room service for the 1st time. on O. I was very impressed with the selection. Had filet mignon--cooked to my liking; caesar salad--very nice and large; cheese plate--much more gourmet than expected, and very nice quantity (for a cheese lover); fruit plate--also very nice. It was the finest room service meal I ever ate on a cruise ship! After a visit to ship dr., wife was feeling better later that night.

Since you will have a butler, that means you are in a penthouse or above and can go to the concierge lounge and hang out (highly recommended, nice space) and view all of the restaurant menus while you sip a nice coffee, etc.

There’s a concierge lounge on Sirena?

No, not on Sirena. Only on Marina and Riviera.

As to room service, we usually order from room service for a late lunch but once when I was ill and finally feeling better, I ordered an excellent dinner. No complaints from me!

Mura