Evening Options

CarleneBarrett

We are visiting Alaska in July via HAL. We will be in Juneau until 10pm and Skagway until 9pm. I have day trips organised for both places, but what can we do late in the day? I know it will be still daylight and that hotels and restaurants etc will be open, but will the general stores be open? Any ideas will be appreciated. TIA.

In Juneau I like the evening whale watch. It will be light until 10pm or so. If you rent a car you can go to the glacier and walk around (the visitor center will be closed). I believe most of the tourist shops stay open until around 8pm. The tram runs until 9pm. In Skagway you can walk around the town. The Park Service shuts down at 5pm so the Visitor Center and park activities are done for the day. Again, if you rent a car you can drive to the Yukon and have some extra time when most of the tourists are back on the ship eating dinner. Again I think stores are open until around 8pm depending on number of cruise ships.

We are visiting Alaska in July via HAL. We will be in Juneau until 10pm and Skagway until 9pm. I have day trips organised for both places, but what can we do late in the day? I know it will be still daylight and that hotels and restaurants etc will be open, but will the general stores be open? Any ideas will be appreciated. TIA.

The shops in Juneau near the docks will be open. I second the evening whale watch wolfie suggested (y) Or if you want something inexpensive to fill in some time, check out the public transit buses. We've used them several times.... you could do a "loop" and see some different parts of Juneau.

Skagway? What about the walk out to the Gold Rush Cemetery?