OGG to Costco

cccole

$12 seems very realistic. It is a little over a mile away. You could walk...I suppose.

We will be there (OGG and Costco)in less than 48 hours.

Yes...You are sooooooooo fortunate to be landing at OGG soon. I was thinking of walking over and then taking a taxi back. It's not a huge deal. Have a great time while on Maui!!!! Cherie

I was thinking of walking over and then taking a taxi back.

The Taxi Fare Finder website quotes about $10. including tip for the 1.8 mile trip, but you could indeed walk over and stop at the food truck parking lot on the way (we can tell you where that is) if you get hungry and want to take a breather, like local grinds and don't fancy Costco or airport food).

$12 seems very realistic. It is a little over a mile away. You could walk...I suppose.

We will be there (OGG and Costco)in less than 48 hours.

We drove there in our car today but wouldn’t recommend walking due to airport construction.

I don’t know if there’d be a problem getting a cab for a less than 2 mile trip. Hopefully not but they get in line at a lot waiting to be called & probably much prefer longer trips.

Google Maps shows a public bus transportation option for $4/pp but that’s a 38 minute journey with a connection at Queen Kaahumanu SC.

Google Maps also shows an Uber X option for $8-$9 but have never used them.

I would not be eating at Costco and my go-to in OGG is Stinger Rays. I will probably not be wanting to eat but would love to know where the food truck parking lot is if I have time. I know it sounds a bit silly, but I thought if I arrive in Hilo with a couple rotisserie chickens, poke, and a couple other things it would be nice. I will be arriving in Hilo when my son gets off work and think it wold be nice to arrive with dinner in hand. And, I am hoping to find the Goodnight Hawaiian Moon book. It is beautiful and I have a couple friends I want to send it to. Thanks for the helpful info. Cherie

Edited by cccole

I know it sounds a bit silly, but I thought if I arrive in Hilo with a couple rotisserie chickens, poke, and a couple other things it would be nice. I will be arriving in Hilo when my son gets off work and think it wold be nice to arrive with dinner in hand.

While you can make quite a dinner out of the fresh made food section at Costco (the part right next to where the rotisserie chickens are) - for fun consider if you take a taxi just go a mile or so further to Da Kitchen (if you haven't tried it already and if you and the family are in the mood for semi-local). Sheldon Simeon's take-out type place is also nearby, but only open until 2 p.m. and not a personal favorite of ours though quite popular.

Are you referring to Da Kitchen in Kihei? And is Sheldon Simeon's in Wailea? Both are further from the airport than I want to venture but I do appreciate the recommendations. As Astro Flyer says the taxis will not want the fare, I do not have a smart phone but may have my husband try to get me an Uber. Thank you for the help. Cherie

Are you referring to Da Kitchen in Kihei? And is Sheldon Simeon's in Wailea? Both are further from the airport than I want to venture but I do appreciate the recommendations. As Astro Flyer says the taxis will not want the fare, I do not have a smart phone but may have my husband try to get me an Uber. Thank you for the help. Cherie

I don’t know if cabbies can refuse a ride from OGG but it could be a problem returning from Costco. When using Google Maps it showed an Uber X OGG pickup within about a minute but again don’t have any experience with Uber or Lyft. When I considered both from OGG to return to our home, Lyft was much less expensive.

There’s a full service Da Kitchen located near OGG in the Triangle Square (Hana Hwy between Dairy Rd & Haleakala Hwy that’s closed on Sunday).

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thank you for the replies. I will keep my options open. What I do depends on tailwinds or headwinds from the west coast. I always anticipate arriving about 20 minutes early but you never know. I will map out all of the suggestions and hope for the best. Too bad that Sheldon Simeon, who grew up in Hilo, does not have a location there. Thank you again for all of the info. Cherie