Newbie-Deck 8 Insignia /suites under pool and cafes??

riffatsea

Considering trying Oceania to Cuba with Insignia. DH likes suites but needs mid ship so Penthouse suites are only on Deck 8 .

When I looked at the plans it showed that on Deck 9 there's the pool and some cafe type restaurants. Trying to decide if there will be noise from up there to disturb us???

Any thoughts???

Haven't been there on Insignia but we were underneath the pool area when Nautica (then the R5 with Renaissance) was brand new. We did hear occasional "furniture moving" noise, but it didn't bother us. If you are particularly sensitive to noise you could be bothered. For us, we were just aware of scrapings every so often...

We had the same reaction on Marina recently in one of the aft Oceania Suites. We hadn't noticed any "above" noise when we were first in that suite back in 2013, but we did this time. Again, it was only occasionally.

For the record on Nautica (R5) we were in 8008.

I should add that if you are underneath the buffet restaurant, you could hear chair moving noises from the actual terrace. I don't think you'd hear anything from the restaurant itself, but others will correct me if I'm wrong!

Mura