Concierge Staterooms

patrick401ca

Hi P,

On our upcoming voyage we also get:

the hot room service breakfast, as well as room service lunch and dinner,

free laundry service (up to three bags), shoe shine service, & complimentary garment pressing

on embarkation day, (Up to 20 garments per laundry bag. 3 day turnaround time and laundry will not be accepted

3 days prior to disembarkation)

Ira

I am not sure what ship you are cruising on: the two new ships (Marina and Rivera) had concierge lounges that were great, and were staffed with a dedicated concierge to assist with all sorts of things; the lounge also had various drinks (coffee, juices, teas), current magazines, newspapers, and snacks 24/7. Access was provided by your room key.

The Oceania R-ships do not show a Concierge lounge.

The only reason we booked concierge on Sirena was for an aft cabin.

Yes, those on the R ships at the aft have larger balconies. I've been in one of those on the Regatta before.

But the rooms themselves are no different. On the O ships there's really not any concierge rooms like that though.

I didn't notice the OP saying what ship they're on either way.

I am impressed that someone was able to have Breakfast , lunch and Dinner id such a tiny room...Like eating off a TV tray ( remember them). and for 2/????// I would take a B3 any day of the week over concierge.. The return on the fare is pretty poor, Id rather eat in one of the wonderful dining rooms or our on deck than in a monk cell of a room with a fancy name....But that me

One nice thing about A class is that if you like doing your own tours and air -- you can chose a cruise only fare and still get the free internet. Can not do this on a B. The other if it matters, you are on a higher deck.

With the addition of the free 3 bags of laundry per cruise leg, that flipped us from B verandas to A verandas. Prior to this new addition, we never really thought it was worth the upcharge. But when the DW heard about the free laundry deal, that changed everything!

They're extending the pillow menus and the Bulgari amenities to Concierge as well.

You may never see a standard cabin again ;)

They're extending the pillow menus and the Bulgari amenities to Concierge as well.

It's a slippery slope. I'm just wondering if we ever get offered an upsell to a PH, will we ever be satisfied going back to a regular veranda. I have to say, though, we do love those aft-facing concierge cabins. :D

If you are like us ...no, you'll have fallen down the slope!

But maybe you aren't like us!

Mura

I don't know, we only sail on Celebrity in Sky Suites now. But then again we're doing that so we can eat in the Illuminae restaurant, both at breakfast and dinner and at lunchtime on sea days, as well as get all 4 perk packages.

But on O for an additional $100+/person/day more than an A cabin, hopefully there is more to upgrading to a PH than a larger room. But I've heard the showers are larger in the PH on the R class ships. Now if the PH cabins got all OLife perk options rather than just one, that might do it. ;)

I'm pretty sure all levels of cabins, including insides, have the Bulgari amenities. Of course there are 4 different varieties. The lower cabins don't get a choice, they get the clear bottles. I think you have to be in a PH or higher to get a choice. I think the basic balcony level room gets the green bottle.

This was all in the last little newspaper we got in the mail, Your World I think, that explained the different options for different room levels.

Of course in the very top you can get whichever one your prefer

I'm pretty sure all levels of cabins, including insides, have the Bulgari amenities. Of course there are 4 different varieties. The lower cabins don't get a choice, they get the clear bottles. I think you have to be in a PH or higher to get a choice. I think the basic balcony level room gets the green bottle.

This was all in the last little newspaper we got in the mail, Your World I think, that explained the different options for different room levels.

No choice given to us in Oceania Suite,Marina,January.

Is there that much difference in shampoo, conditioner and bath gel or am I missing something here? If we're going to start thinking about sliding down the slippery slope, I definitely need to start learning about the finer aspects of the good life.

I am by no means a fancy connoisseur of bath products. But, I can tell you for certain that there is a vast difference in the quality and performance of "soaps" of all kinds- particularly when it comes to how your skin and hair (even for bald guys) feel and look after using them.

BTW, what minor differences there are between B (balcony) and A (concierge) cabins aren't worth the price difference. Most importantly, there are no "extended balconies" for A cabins on Rivera and Marina.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums