EMPRESS 4th floor Vista Sailing soon Cat E room I need pictures & info please

dbcruise

I was wondering if anyone sailing soon can take photos of bathroom shower how much a step up it is ? the toilet and grab bars to see how they are and the shower part 413 and 415 are the rooms we will have ? WE can not get a handicapped room so we need to make sure this can accommodate my mom . Thank you .

We were in 416 last year on the Empress. While I don't have any photos of the room, I can tell you that the shower only had maybe a 3" step in, just enough to keep the water from running out. It was a small shower, in fact the entire bathroom is quite small and it was a bit cozy for the two of us to get ready at the same time. The toilet was angled diagonally, and we joked that we could brush our teeth while 'sitting'. There is also a step up into the bathroom, and the door swings outward. Hope this helps. Enjoy your trip!

Have you spoken directly with AQSC, or has your travel agent? Just a thought - someone may be in a handicapped room because that was the only left, and may be willing to switch. Especially if AQSC knows you truly need a handicapped room.

Not really trying to jump on this thread....but we are considering doing the Snake River Cruise from Spokane/Clarkston west to Portland. I am wondering if anyone has / had a preference for either the Starboard or Port side? Was Either side better for sightseeing while cruising?

Thanks for letting me jump in here.

I was wondering if anyone sailing soon can take photos of bathroom shower how much a step up it is ? the toilet and grab bars to see how they are and the shower part 413 and 415 are the rooms we will have ? WE can not get a handicapped room so we need to make sure this can accommodate my mom . Thank you .

My review http://https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=621323 contains a photo of the shower in cabin 415. I don't remember there being any grab bars in the bathroom or shower. The lip on the shower stall is pretty small.

I just checked my photos again and there is a grab bar by the toilet in the bathroom.

Not really trying to jump on this thread....but we are considering doing the Snake River Cruise from Spokane/Clarkston west to Portland. I am wondering if anyone has / had a preference for either the Starboard or Port side? Was Either side better for sightseeing while cruising?

Thanks for letting me jump in here.

We were on the port side of the same route, and I was happy with it. River is always on that side, and the boat docks on the starboard side with one exception. So it depends on whether you want to see scenery, or the port you're in. Personally, we enjoyed the river side.

We were on the port side of the same route, and I was happy with it. River is always on that side, and the boat docks on the starboard side with one exception. So it depends on whether you want to see scenery, or the port you're in. Personally, we enjoyed the river side.

Another quick question....with the semi private veranda...can you exit the balcony directly onto the walking area. (Is there a gate to use). Can't tell in the photos or diagrams in the brochure.

Thanks.

Another quick question....with the semi private veranda...can you exit the balcony directly onto the walking area. (Is there a gate to use). Can't tell in the photos or diagrams in the brochure.

Thanks.

You can walk out of your cabin onto your balcony area with two chairs and small table, then walk directly onto the deck. A waist-high railing separates your balcony from the deck. The opening onto the deck can be closed off with a chain, no gate.

I just checked my photos again and there is a grab bar by the toilet in the bathroom.

Thank you so much any info or photos you would share would be great .. Did someone else in your group have 413 ? by chance were the cabins identical do you know? I will see if i can pm you and then send my e-mail address if you can send more room/bathroom photos . Thank you I don't know how to pm if that is possible so here is my e-mail address dorkin2000@yahoo.com

Edited by dbcruise
add info

Thanks.

Yes, you can. There isn’t a gate, just a passage from your veranda out to the deck. From there you can access the bow, the Grill, etc. We were in 408. It was a great room. You can see a few of my pictures on my review. The first photo was taken right outside our door. https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=618609

Edited by Frncie
Clarity

Yes, you can. There isn’t a gate, just a passage from your veranda out to the deck. From there you can access the bow, the Grill, etc. We were in 408. It was a great room. You can see a few of my pictures on my review. The first photo was taken right outside our door. https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=618609

Thanks for the feedback. We opted to go with one of the C category rooms... which will give us a bit more room for the cruise. And thanks a lot for the photos... much appreciated.

• 1 month later...
We were in 416 last year on the Empress. While I don't have any photos of the room, I can tell you that the shower only had maybe a 3" step in, just enough to keep the water from running out. It was a small shower, in fact the entire bathroom is quite small and it was a bit cozy for the two of us to get ready at the same time. The toilet was angled diagonally, and we joked that we could brush our teeth while 'sitting'. There is also a step up into the bathroom, and the door swings outward. Hope this helps. Enjoy your trip!

We are in that same room for our upcoming trip in September, room 416 E. What’s the balcony like? How noisey is it, I’ve heard the rooms can be very noisey. Any other memories of the room that we should know about? Thanks ahead of time

Also, how do we get from the boat to our hotel in Portland after the cruise? We are not doing their post cruise extension. We’re staying in Portland an extra 2 days.

We used Uber last October to get from the dock to the Portland airport (saved us almost half over the cruise line's transfer charges).