Scenic Eclipse

russg140

I have read this entire thread. The people who are really hurt by this are those whose cruises were cancelled. The complaint I was responding to is not at that level. So I was giving supportive advice: accept reality and either try to enjoy the cruise, or cancel and don't look back. Do you expect CC members to somehow change reality?

Please! Please! Don't fight over me!!! : )

Cancun is right - we just have to forfeit our deposit. But thank you to those who don't think I'm crazy for being concerned. Who would want to spend all this money on a "training" cruise?

Jazz - you're right. But don't you think with Scenic's launch of their first "non river" ship they would want it to get off an a good foot? As you can see there are a lot of people that are really unhappy.

Again. Live and learn. When we got the first email 2 years ago I said to my husband, "Holy cow! Can you imagine taking a trip on this ship?! They have helicopters and submarines!!" He said, "Well, it's a one of lifetime cruise so why not?"

So imagine our disappointment now. Well, we're looking forward to our Athens to Dubai cruise in November on Seabourne's new "Ovation", which launched on time, 6 months before we booked. Again - live and learn. Thanks anyway Scenic and good luck.

Hi. Wanted to let people know that I today received a check from Scenic for a full refund for my cancelled Cuba cruise that had been scheduled for mid-October 2018. Very happy to have received that so quickly. However, no word yet about reimbursement for my unrecoverable expenses for our flights and trip insurance.

Hi. Wanted to let people know that I today received a check from Scenic for a full refund for my cancelled Cuba cruise that had been scheduled for mid-October 2018. Very happy to have received that so quickly. However, no word yet about reimbursement for my unrecoverable expenses for our flights and trip insurance.

Pleased to hear that you have received a full refund for your cancelled Cuba cruise scheduled for mid-October, 2018.

Just curious - when was your payment for this cruise due?

Follow up re reimbursement for your unrecoverable expenses - flights and trip insurance. You may find this will be handled by a different department to the refund for the actual cancelled cruise.

Jazz - you're right. But don't you think with Scenic's launch of their first "non river" ship they would want it to get off an a good foot? As you can see there are a lot of people that are really unhappy.

I absolutely agree. But perhaps you aren't aware of the situation a few years ago with Scenic river cruises that led to an Australian class-action lawsuit.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show....php?t=2093475

I thought that they had learned their lesson from that and would bend over backwards to make this right – but evidently not. I'm sorry for you, but because of the previous episode not really surprised. That's why I wasn't holding out much hope.

Pleased to hear that you have received a full refund for your cancelled Cuba cruise scheduled for mid-October, 2018.

Just curious - when was your payment for this cruise due?

Follow up re reimbursement for your unrecoverable expenses - flights and trip insurance. You may find this will be handled by a different department to the refund for the actual cancelled cruise.

My final payment for the cruise was on June 8, 2018, although there were multiple "partial" payments over the last few years since original booking.

Thanks for the information about the possibility of reimbursement for unrecoverable expenses coming from another department. That's useful information.

My final payment for the cruise was on June 8, 2018, although there were multiple "partial" payments over the last few years since original booking.

I wonder at what part of this timeline, they became aware that they were not going to meet the deadline for planned cruises.

I wonder at what part of this timeline, they became aware that they were not going to meet the deadline for planned cruises.

June 19 was the final payment date for Scenic to have their money for the October 18 sailing. Our TA also wanted it June 8. It makes you wonder but not sure of the relevance at this stage.

June 19 was the final payment date for Scenic to have their money for the October 18 sailing. Our TA also wanted it June 8. It makes you wonder but not sure of the relevance at this stage.

Ditto here,booked and paid for Cuba cruise on the same dates. Now I realize why I could not get any answers when asking questions. Anyway all superfluous now.

I was on the September 2018 transatlantic cruise, will let you know when I get my refund. I am not re-booking. The 25% discount just wasn't anywhere near enough given the need to book a much higher cost fare for 2019 or 2020.

For anyone who wants to sail with them it is unfortunate that Scenic will not let you rebook for the original cost.

I absolutely agree. But perhaps you aren't aware of the situation a few years ago with Scenic river cruises that led to an Australian class-action lawsuit.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show....php?t=2093475

I thought that they had learned their lesson from that and would bend over backwards to make this right – but evidently not. I'm sorry for you, but because of the previous episode not really surprised. That's why I wasn't holding out much hope.

According to google, Scenic lost that class action last year. There were suggestions that they were going to appeal, I don't know the status on that.

Friends of ours who booked flights and cruise direct with Scenic on the Panama Canal cruise in November 2018 have now received their refund in full. Our separately booked flights and pre cruise accommodation costs are still being looked in to :confused:

Hi everyone--we also just received our check today for the October Cuba cruise. It's somewhat bittersweet. While I appreciate the timely reimbursement, there's the lingering disappointment of not experiencing the stunning Scenic Eclipse.

Such is life. Wishing everyone safe and happy cruising.

cancun 1, our check was deposited on Monday and so far so good. of course that was just for the cost of the trip since we have not heard about our other costs. Not sure that we will ever see them. Quite upset about all of this. You would think that since this was the fault of Scenic they would do whatever they had to do to get the refunds sent out in a timely fashion to everyone. I guess "customer service" is not their strong suit.

cancun 1, our check was deposited on Monday and so far so good. of course that was just for the cost of the trip since we have not heard about our other costs. Not sure that we will ever see them. Quite upset about all of this. You would think that since this was the fault of Scenic they would do whatever they had to do to get the refunds sent out in a timely fashion to everyone. I guess "customer service" is not their strong suit.

I understand your upset. We were pleased to receive the cheque today. We took it immediately to the bank. Because of the large amount, our bank contacted Scenic's financial institution and cleared the cheque. I am glad they did that so we know the cheque was "good" and we have the money. Fortunately, for us we do not have any other expenses to claim. We have all lost interest on the money of course.

I have just put my stack of fancy Scenic brochures in the "recycle". We have no intention of booking with them again.

I hope that you are reimbursed ALL of your additional expenses. The term "reasonable" lies in the eyes of the beholder unfortunately.

I look forward to reading your post that you have recovered every penny in the very near future.

Hello everyone out there. How many of you have received your refund? We are still waiting, we were booked on the Cuba in Depth Cruise sailing the 18th October. Made our final payment by bank transfer on the 4th June!��

As stated above we received ours for the October 18th Cuba In Depth Cruise

on Wednesday.

Hope you get yours very soon:confused:

Received our check for the cruise only, made the deposit at the bank and it has cleared.

Now waiting for our Airfare, Tripmate Insurance and other cost associated with the trip. As in an earlier post we are waiting for another department to review the expenses we have submitted.

we also have received our trip cost refund but not the other items. Our travel agent has been trying to find out when the checks will be mailed but so far has not heard back from Scenic. We will be relieved when all of our money is refunded.