Embarrassing cruise moments

joelheather

My wife went on the flow rider with a two piece bikini, left with a one piece.... Took her about 10 sec. to realize it. Now I know why there is always a majority male crowd looking on. worst part I was recording her ride on my phone. Maybe i should delete it[emoji848]

What is your most embarrassing cruise memory?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My wife went on the flow rider with a two piece bikini, left with a one piece.... Took her about 10 sec. to realize it. Now I know why there is always a majority male crowd looking on. worst part I was recording her ride on my phone. Maybe i should delete it[emoji848]

You're just probably one of many that has that on video. :eek:

Always a good idea to start with a one piece when doing some activities ;)

Why not? Its funny. Beside, even more reason to keep it.

Hmm......most adults would think it is not funny.

Seems disrespectful to your wife to embarrass her at a vulnerable moment and then to brag about it.

I feel sad for her.

They reccomend a t-shirt or rash guard with two piece suits

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Depends on which piece she lost! I usually wear board shorts since with that type of water activity I'm way more likely to lose my bottoms than top, but maybe I just pick the right tops!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’d die! But i think it’s hilarious and would for sure laugh with my hubby about it! Btw, there’s no way he’d delete that video!! 😉 Thanks for sharing!

I think it was our very first cruise, on the Sovereign of the Seas. I thought I'd be cool and test my language skills to tell our suite's room stewardess what a great job she did and thank you for making our bed. I apparently told her we wanted to take her to bed, which led to a really awkward conversation with the Hotel Director and a security guard and trying to explain it was a misunderstanding and that we were both gay. That led to the security guard asking us, numerous times, "then why did you ask this nice lady to go to bed with you!"

:halo:

-germ

I think it was our very first cruise, on the Sovereign of the Seas. I thought I'd be cool and test my language skills to tell our suite's room stewardess what a great job she did and thank you for making our bed. I apparently told her we wanted to take her to bed, which led to a really awkward conversation with the Hotel Director and a security guard and trying to explain it was a misunderstanding and that we were both gay. That led to the security guard asking us, numerous times, "then why did you ask this nice lady to go to bed with you!"

-germ

Now, that is really funny.

Seems disrespectful to your wife to embarrass her at a vulnerable moment and then to brag about it.

I feel sad for her.

Oh come on, it’s times like this that make vacation memories. I know my friends would have a good laugh and enjoy being the star of the moment. I suspect the wife is not sad, but laughs about it to this day.. Happy people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’d die! But i think it’s hilarious and would for sure laugh with my hubby about it! Btw, there’s no way he’d delete that video!! [emoji6] Thanks for sharing!

Glad Im not the only one lol. I would probably show my mom and family when I got home [emoji23]

On our Honeymoon Cruise (Mariner) I fell asleep by the pool and forgot to put on sunscreen.

Didn't hit me right away, so I thought I would partake in the Belly Flop Competition (to, you know, add insult to injury!).

At any rate, that night was a formal night, and I'm in agony putting my suit on in the room. DW is changing out cold towels I have laid across my chest to cool me down. I suck it up, and we sit down to dinner and our table mates know something is wrong, so I told them I burned myself up. One couple at our table were seasoned cruisers from Cali, and brought a bunch of Aloe gel and cream in case of sun burn, so after dinner, they get me a tube.

I slide off into one of the bathrooms just off the MDR, lock the door of the handicap stall so I have room to coat my chest and shoulders and start applying.

About 3 minutes go by, and theres a *knock knock* on the stall door followed by a "what are you doing in there?" Being in a great deal of discomfort, and a bit overheated from the sun, I reply "whatcha think I'm doing?? Give me a minute".

60 more seconds, and I exit the stall - shirt unbuttoned, pants unbuttoned ready to head the sink to wash up and just as I walk out, the stall knocker was still waiting. He looks at me, looks at the tube in my hands, the clear aloe all over my hands, then my unzipped pants, and back up to my face. He appears a bit uncomfortable.

First words out of my mouth? "uhhh... this isn't what it looks like".

He shrugs, turns around and walks out the door.

I find DW and tell her the whole story and she can't catch her breath fast enough from laughing, then points out from everyone seeing the belly flop contest that I'll probably be known as "that perv from Chicago" for the rest of the trip.

We still laugh about it.

-germ

Hilarious! :D

Honeymoon cruise 2011: Power Snorkel with sea turtles and stingrays in St. Thomas...I was unable to properly operate the power snorkel propeller and my goggles kept fogging up so I threw a tantrum, whined at my wife who was having a great time and made better by my tantrum, swam back to the boat and sulked.

Not my proudest moment.

I feel sad for her.

That's being judgmental. Its only disrespectful to her if she feels that way. She may not want your pity.

My most embarrassing moment? It might have been stumbling up the stairs in the theater to go on stage and be one of the Love and Marriage couples.

Honeymoon cruise 2011: Power Snorkel with sea turtles and stingrays in St. Thomas...I was unable to properly operate the power snorkel propeller and my goggles kept fogging up so I threw a tantrum' date=' whined at my wife who was having a great time and made better by my tantrum, swam back to the boat and sulked.

Not my proudest moment.[/quote']

Recognizing that says a lot.

I feel sad for her.

I don’t think “most” adults wouldn’t. I mean, I suppose the uptight crew certainly would, but the ones who really have the cruise spirit would call that “Video Gold.”

On our Honeymoon Cruise (Mariner) I fell asleep by the pool and forgot to put on sunscreen.

Didn't hit me right away, so I thought I would partake in the Belly Flop Competition (to, you know, add insult to injury!).

At any rate, that night was a formal night, and I'm in agony putting my suit on in the room. DW is changing out cold towels I have laid across my chest to cool me down. I suck it up, and we sit down to dinner and our table mates know something is wrong, so I told them I burned myself up. One couple at our table were seasoned cruisers from Cali, and brought a bunch of Aloe gel and cream in case of sun burn, so after dinner, they get me a tube.

I slide off into one of the bathrooms just off the MDR, lock the door of the handicap stall so I have room to coat my chest and shoulders and start applying.

About 3 minutes go by, and theres a *knock knock* on the stall door followed by a "what are you doing in there?" Being in a great deal of discomfort, and a bit overheated from the sun, I reply "whatcha think I'm doing?? Give me a minute".

60 more seconds, and I exit the stall - shirt unbuttoned, pants unbuttoned ready to head the sink to wash up and just as I walk out, the stall knocker was still waiting. He looks at me, looks at the tube in my hands, the clear aloe all over my hands, then my unzipped pants, and back up to my face. He appears a bit uncomfortable.

First words out of my mouth? "uhhh... this isn't what it looks like".

He shrugs, turns around and walks out the door.

I find DW and tell her the whole story and she can't catch her breath fast enough from laughing, then points out from everyone seeing the belly flop contest that I'll probably be known as "that perv from Chicago" for the rest of the trip.

We still laugh about it.

Great story!!!

I feel sad for her.

Gee, thanks for your concern. My wife is not embarrassed of her body. Nor should she be. My wife does not need anyone to feel sorry for her. You must really be a hoot to be around.