Wind, Seas, Weather in March: Pacific between So. CA to Santiago?

mlbcruiser

Trying to gauge what type of weather to expect when sailing along the Pacific coast the second half of March between Southern California and Santiago, Chile. How far south of California will the sea air feel warm and comfortable for lying around the pool deck? Will there likely be a lot of wind at that time of year? Rougher Seas? I expect that to be the case near CA and northern MX.

Hoping to hear from those who have cruised in that area around that time of year. Thanks for any help for any replies.

Trying to gauge what type of weather to expect when sailing along the Pacific coast the second half of March between Southern California and Santiago, Chile. How far south of California will the sea air feel warm and comfortable for lying around the pool deck? Will there likely be a lot of wind at that time of year? Rougher Seas? I expect that to be the case near CA and northern MX.

Hoping to hear from those who have cruised in that area around that time of year. Thanks for any help for any replies.

The Pacific is all of those things ( of course, so is any body of ocean water).

"Bottom line" is it's perfect unless it's not.

The seas are not predictable more than 3 or 4 days in advance. The could be smooth, rough, or likely, somewhere in between.

You could Google search a few on your ports for March weather. That will give you some guidelines on weather.

I have. The Pacific was as calm as its name says. The weather was generally warm. Foggy in Lima and people in Valparaiso (Santiago's port) said it had rained for weeks, but we had a sunny day, so it must be sunny for you as well. :halo:

That’s the type of info I was hoping to get, Floridiana! Thanks so much. I Have done a bit of a temperature and rainfall research but there is nothing like firsthand experiences to hear about even though the weather does vary everywhere.