Online cruise company question

stardust

Are we allowed to ask about using a specific online cruise company? I get emails from one all the time with what looks like great offers. I started getting them after I joined cruise critic years ago. I would like to try them sometime but I have always used a local TA or dealt directly with the cruise line.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

No, we are not allowed to discuss travel agencies by name. I will say that the online travel agency that I use always gives me extra perks and extra OBC. The cruise companies basically charge the same prices as you will find on a TA site. The difference comes in with the perks they are able to add. Good luck with your searches!

We use online TA'S for every cruise in the last 12 years. Many times we book with the cruise line direct to pick up a great offer and then make a call to the online TA to transfer the booking. Look for matching or added OBC, specialty dining and pre paid gratuities. Check reviews and be aware that some online TA'S charge a change or cancellation fee. You should be able to receive about 5 - 15 % of your cruise fare in perks. Some TA'S will check for category price reductions and call you to take advantage and reprice your cabin while you are on the phone. A lot of online TA'S seem to be closed on holidays and weekends when cruise lines run a quick sale.

We are not allowed to discuss travel agencies. Royal Caribbean is a "cruise company".

To clarify, while we are not allowed to mention the name of a travel agent, you can discuss the types of agencies available along with their pros and cons.

For example, we now use a "big box" warehouse store's travel department that also has their own website. They give you about 8% of your cruise fare back in the form of a gift card for use at their warehouse store and have no extra change or cancellation fees.

Many use other online TAs with up to 11% back while some enjoy the more personal touch of home town "brick and mortar" store for a face-to-face more relationship with 3-5% TA provided perks.

No matter which type of TA you may select, they can all get you your cruise at the same price as the cruise line - and sometimes at a lower price via group rates.

OP: IF you are from the US, check with BBB and Consumer Affairs in the state in which the company is in, as well as whichever Dept registers businesses to see how long they've been in business. If you do book with them, put our deposit on a CC and when your statement comes, the charge should be for the cruise line.