Brooklyn cruise port to Penn Station

NANCYR2

Disembarking at Brooklyn Cruise port on a Sat morning in late September.We would like to take a 10am train to RI from Penn Station. Is this doable?

How long is the drive? Are travel options available at the port to get us to Penn Station?

Thanks for any advice in this matter.

Nancy

Disembarking at Brooklyn Cruise port on a Sat morning in late September.We would like to take a 10am train to RI from Penn Station. Is this doable?

How long is the drive? Are travel options available at the port to get us to Penn Station?

Thanks for any advice in this matter.

Nancy

It looks like you are 4 people coming in on a transatlantic with stops in Boston and Newport before New York.

You should have already done customs in Boston. The ship arrives at 6 am. If you can self disembark with your luggage, a 10 am train should be doable. I would book a car service. How much luggage will you have? You have to specify the amount of luggage so that you get an appropriate sized vehicle.

If you're from Rhode Island, it might be a lot easier and less expensive to see if you can just disembark in Newport the day before.

If you self-disembark, you can be off the ship by 7. Depending upon the amount of luggage you have, you could take the NYC Ferry to Wall Street, then taxi to Penn Station (or, for that matter, if you're capable/willing to walk 15 minutes to the WTC, you can get the subway there). The ferry is a 20 minute ride and is both convenient and pleasant.

It looks like you are 4 people coming in on a transatlantic with stops in Boston and Newport before New York.

You should have already done customs in Boston. The ship arrives at 6 am. If you can self disembark with your luggage, a 10 am train should be doable. I would book a car service. How much luggage will you have? You have to specify the amount of luggage so that you get an appropriate sized vehicle.

If you're from Rhode Island, it might be a lot easier and less expensive to see if you can just disembark in Newport the day before.

I contacted Princess months ago about disembarking in Newport. The response was there are no facilities for us to clear customs etc.

When is the next train to Rhode Island?

There is a 10am and a 1 pm train to RI.

Friends took this cruise last September and told us Princess offered a bus to Penn Station. They found that out while on the ship. I called Princess and was told no bus to Penn Station.

I assume you are taking the Amtrak from Manhattan. We are taking a car service on our Sunday am arrival in Brooklyn, though people say it's easy enough to get a taxi. We are buying 12:00 train tickets. Like to have a leisurely breakfast. If it's Newark Penn, I don't know.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.5 HD using Forums mobile app

Here's one option... just throwing it out there. If you can navigate with your luggage, you could consider the NYC Ferry. It docks about 75 yards from the Brooklyn Terminal. It runs about every 30-45 minutes (in summer) and takes about 20 minutes. It's about a 10 minute walk from the Wall Street pier to the closest subway stop with trains to 34th St (the stop for Penn Station). Or you could just catch a taxi when you're off the ferry.

• 2 weeks later...