G'day and probably goodbye.

Sorry to here of your situation old salt. Maybe a trip around our Lake when the days get a bit warmer and you are feeling a bit better will help.

My old girl is eazy to board and slow enough to take in the sights. keep it in mind for later.

Best wishes Michael

Thanksmate, might run into you on the most beautiful waterway on earth one day.

Well words cannot really express how we all feel about what is going on with your health and ability to cruise. I do understand how this forum would make it hard to contribute without being able to cruise though and understand your reluctance to torment yourself. That said, if you feel you can bring yourself to return, you are always welcome here.

P.s Glad the video cheered you up, and we will get together one day down by the waterfront for a drink.

Thanks Mic, love to. Best to Rosie and say hi to Alex and Kaz when you're talking to them.

And she is lovely despite some of the things GUT has said about her over the years.;p

Truer words never spoken, I think that hurts the most I've put an end to her cruising too.

Gut, I am so, so sorry for you. To lose cruising on top of your deterioration of health is a bitter blow indeed. All I can do is to hope with all my heart for a miracle to happen for you.

I have thoroughly enjoyed sparring with you here, and learning from your experiences. You will be sorely missed.

I hope your new pup brings you some consolation - the antics of young pets have a way of healing anguish.

Of course, you realise that I will never be able to make a pavlova again without thinking of you and, no, I will not be serving my pavlova with ice cream. ;p

Au revoir, my friend .. I refuse to say adieu!

Julie

And I'll think of you every time I have Pav WITH IceCream

Hi Gut,

I have read many of your posts and love the humour and passion that you put into your advice.

I created an account as I wanted to say how sorry I am to see you go. I wish you the best of luck with your health issues and especially coming to terms with how they affect your life.

I was diagnosed with an illness at 37 yrs which will progress and eventually put me into a wheelchair and I know how hard it is to cope with a life changing illness. I understand and have been through the sadness and the stages of denial, grief and anger that you go through when Drs tell you bad news. At the end of these emotions is acceptance and with that comes hope and stubbornness to find a way back to happiness.

I really hope that your back improves and you can find a way back to cruising.

All the best

Sent from my iPad using Forums

OMG creating an account just because I'm going (knew I was bad, but that bad) thank you, please stick around and post. I've only met a couple of the posters here in person but they're all great people (except bloody Mrs and Mrs avoid that pair) and be careful of OzKiwiJJ (she don't like ice cream with Pavlova an inexcusable fault if you ask me).

Mr Gut,

My thoughts echo the sentiments that so many others have expressed.

I pray that you are able to get your health issues controlled and are able to cruise again.

Thanks for the prayers Sparky.

Mr Gut, speaking as one who has a degenerative back condition that forced me into early retirement about 12 years ago, and for the past 7 months has had me sleeping in a LazyBoy recliner, I can certainly empathise with you. Not at the stage of no cruises but walking is limited to about 100Mtr between rests.

All I can say is don't let it get to you or that pup may turn into a "Black Dog", as it very nearly did with me, and you don't wan't that to happen. I don't know what would be a substitute for you but I do a helluva lot of travelling on my computer, and view the worlds places on a 25" screen.

One of the great things is the new Google Earth on the Chrome browser, far better and quicker than the old GE.

Hang in there mate, getting older wouldn't be so bad if it didn't bloody hurt so much eh?

You've got it in one mate, and the black dog bit me a few years back I'm afraid, (though my new pup is currently black though fading to his Salt and Pepper pretty quickly). Can't even do 100mts anymore, bed to ensuite is getting beyond me.

Wow. What can I say but wow.

I feel really humbled.

I know I haven't responded to everyone personally and I've missed you thanks anyway.

I thought maybe four or five people may want to know what was going on I am truly overwhelmed people I'm not sure I've ever spoken to, even on CC that give a rats, thank you all.

And the few that have contacted me through other methods (only a few would know how and I think they've all been in touch) has really meant a lot.

You never know I might be back to annoy the hell out of you all.

Funniest thing is for the last couple of years posting here haskept me occupied when things were boring for me, but to be frank I'm finding it hard to talk about one of my life's great passions when I doubt it holds any place in my future.

Thank you one and all.

I wasn't going to post this, mainly because I hate it when people say "I'm leaving this group".

What changed my mind?

A few people contacted me direct expressing some concerns about my absence, and I cannot tell you how much I appreciated it.

What has happened is my back has gone down hill, and I mean big time, a few ambulance rides, falling over almost every day, and some bodily control issues when I do fall that I'd rather not talk about here.

I had three cruises booked. Doctors said the only way I would be allowed go on them was in a wheelchair, and maybe not even then. For insurance purposes it counts as a pre-existing condition so I had to make a call while I could cancel without penalty (for the two night cruise it was already too late). So we pulled the plug. The other two I might have taken the risk if I'd been able to get an accessible cabin, but Princess, in spite of their promises, let me down and NCL was sold out.

Then there's the issue that Mrs Gut needs a mid ship cabin and even the accessible we managed to swap to on Solstice is too far forward for our liking, but she is prepared to give it a go for the two days.

It has been a hard time physically and mentally, my new pup has helped a lot with the depression.

To be honest posting became agonising as it just reminded me that my cruising career MAY be over as well as just how precarious my physical state is.

One member sent me a video of my beloved home town to give me a lift and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

I hope one day things will improve enough to at least let me post sometimes but for now, "I'll miss the friendship I've found here, thank you all."

Sorry to be a bit of a downer,

Sorry to hear that your health has caused you to cancel your future cruises. I can well understand your disappointment and feeling down. Hopefully the feeling will pass and your new puppy will help fill the hole.

May you be comforted by the valuable role David, Kiwi Kruzer, performs on CC, sharing his wealth of knowledge, despite no longer cruising due to his ill health originally.

Take care and know your input is valued, once you are feeling better.

Mr. Gut, I'm so sorry to hear this :(. You've been SO helpful on both of our cruise's to and from Sydney. I don't think I would have been nearly as comfortable without your help!

I hope that you and Mrs. Gut are doing better very soon.

Enjoy that new puppy!

Well, our friendship has been only here on cc, but I just want to join everyone else in wishing you and your better half all the best for the future. I am so sorry to hear that your health had deteriorated to this extent & trust that it improves soon to let you live as normal a life as possible.

Your posts have been helpful, honest, sometimes bizaare when you fat fingers made some funny typos :D & we will all miss you input around here.

Take care mate.

OMG creating an account just because I'm going (knew I was bad, but that bad) thank you, please stick around and post. I've only met a couple of the posters here in person but they're all great people (except bloody Mrs and Mrs avoid that pair) and be careful of OzKiwiJJ (she don't like ice cream with Pavlova an inexcusable fault if you ask me).

Haha, see ya cant help yaself. Mad is as mad was, that's us.:hearteyes:

Gut - hopefully not goodbye, such tragic news.

I haven't been around all that long but this forum is like a family. You feel that you know every one on it and it is so sad when one of us is suffering.

I hope that in time somehow you will manage to cruise again. Gosh I've seen some wonky people on ships. Keep your chin up you never know what the future holds. All the best.

Sorry to hear the news gut. Maybe you can prove the doctors wrong, eh?

We , Mrs L and I, are in a position where we are heading to a point where we may no longer be able to cruise together. The doctors can't say how long so we're packing in as much as we can while able.

Pets are great therapy. Stay strong.

Gut, I'm so sorry to hear of your recent health issues. All the best to you and Mrs Gut. I hope we get to see you around sometime in the future. I haven't posted in this Aussie forum for very long but I know you will be missed.

Hey, Gut, just found this today. What have you not been telling us? We were just checking our forward engagements this morning and noting that you two would be visiting in Dec. Does this mean we will not see you? That would be very sad. Drop me an email, so I can catch up with what is happening with you. Your new bowsie wowsie looks just delightful and I am glad you have a wee bit of sunshine to cheer you up. Love to you both, Megsee and the Wilster xxoo

Hey, Gut, just found this today. What have you not been telling us? We were just checking our forward engagements this morning and noting that you two would be visiting in Dec. Does this mean we will not see you? That would be very sad. Drop me an email, so I can catch up with what is happening with you. Your new bowsie wowsie looks just delightful and I am glad you have a wee bit of sunshine to cheer you up. Love to you both, Megsee and the Wilster xxoo

Sorry mate, thought kerin had dropped you a line.

LOL, I am going to have to call Uncle Les in, if this bickering between you pair doesn't stop.:p

yeah, yeah, Uncle Les with his Night Stick, and then face the Da da da daaaa, VERDICT, or I reckon the old gutster could be defending me, OR, a short recess in chambers your honour. Look I know I'm meant to be prosecuting, but ya know maybe just a warning this time. Whats that your honour of course I assure you I will watch, take full control and abide by your decision.

Bloody hell theres one hell of a lota Law and Order in that load of rubbish.

Dant dant dana daaa, dant dannt dana daaa da.

CLUNK.

Well that's sad news Gut, even more sorry now we missed you on Emerald last year. I am also one who has cheated the wheelchair for some time due to back issues so I can understand your pain. Keep your chin up and try to think positive. Steve.

Hi, I am so sorry to read this. I hope the doctors have some better news for you soon and your back improves. Really bad luck, sending best wishes to you and the lovely Mrs Gut too. Take care G!

Love Rosie xx

Thank you Rosie.