Itinerary suggestions for solo cruise

accio_7

Hello everyone,

I’m considering booking a cruise next year prior to my solo cruise on Adventure of the Seas next December from Ft Lauderdale. Looking forward to sailing to ports I’ve never visited to before, such as Labadee (RCI private island in Haiti), San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Kitts! Do you guys have any itinerary suggestions? I’ve already been to Nassau, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman on previous cruises and really would like to explore new ports on my next cruise. I am open to any suggestions, not looking to sail necessarily to the Caribbean.

Some notes:

1. While I have sailed with RCI once, DCL twice, I am not particularly loyal to any brand.

2. I have a limited budget (under $1000 with taxes, port fees), so the price is of major concern. For this reason, unfortunately, Alaska is not doable :loudcry:

3. My family is planning to book a Disney Mediterranean cruise in summer 2019. I’m not opposed to sailing Europe, but wouldn’t mind different ports if possible.

Thanks ahead in advance for your suggestions!

Princess has an 8 day southern Caribbean cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Aruba, Bonaire and Curaçao. It's an unique itinerary and really lovely. I went in 2016.

Thanks for the suggestion, I was actually thinking of the ABC islands as a tentative itinerary. Princess may not be within my budget however :(

Does that budget include travel to the port? Exchange rate changes? I think your itinerary will have to be budget driven. Remember many islands especially St Maarten are going to be a long time rebuilding.

No, I set a budget for the cruise portion only although I am aware of the other travel-related costs. And, if I'm unable to find something decently priced, I won't force myself to book something. I am fine with saving money until my cruise in December 2018 :)

Do you have an itinerary in mind that won't break the bank?

I only use the Caribbean as a cheap winter getaway, I don't get off the ship in most ports. For itinerary, I save my money to do Europe.

Looks like you've done Western Caribbean. Unfortuntately, Eastern Caribbean was most affected by hurricanes, make sure any recommendations are current. I'd be surprised if anything Southern Caribbean is in your budget.