Group travel discount??

Sea and Me

Generally group fares are more expensive than individual fares. But you can book a group without having all the names and with just a small deposit. You usually can also change names and even cancel perhaps up to 10% of the group for little or no cost.

If you know everyone is going and you know the dates, generally buying individual tickets is usually a better deal financially.

To add to buying regular tickets: Sometimes you run out of a price point bucket before you run out of people. I've been known to check the price for one person, then check the price for the entire party. If not the same, I start seeing how many I can purchase before the price increases. Sometimes, I can only get one ticket for the lowest price, then 6 more at the next price, then 4 more at the next.

Just make sure the individual PRNs have at least one adult in each.

Sometimes, I can only get one ticket for the lowest price, then 6 more at the next price, then 4 more at the next.

And I've often found that while it may show only 1 or 2 tickets available at the lowest price, if you buy that ticket, then go back and search again, they have immediately added more inventory in that lowest price bucket. No guarantee obviously, but that's often been the case when I've searched.

Don’t try to outguess the Airlines! Call their group sales Agents and give them the information they request to work a deal. Anecdotal information on what anyone here was offered on a specific routing on specific dates is purely anecdotal and may no way reflect what you may be offered. Call the airlines!

This is made even more complicated by the fact that Southwest flies that route and will often have the best prices. But Southwest does not release their schedules and fares as early as other airlines.

Hank

• 2 weeks later...