Complete Novice

elles5

I've never posted before and never been on a cruise either. We are going on the Marco Polo to Iceland in May 2018. I am unbelievably excited but have no idea what clothes to take. Im 64

and clueless! Thanks in advance for any help and advice given.

Also apologies if this post is in the wrong place.

I've never posted before and never been on a cruise either. We are going on the Marco Polo to Iceland in May 2018. I am unbelievably excited but have no idea what clothes to take. Im 64

and clueless! Thanks in advance for any help and advice given.

Also apologies if this post is in the wrong place.

Welcome to CC and i'm jealous of your cruise! Yep, layers sounds like good advice.

We're going to Iceland, too, but with Fred O... thinking back to a Norway trip one May, I'd say think about rainwear first of all- and some sturdy shoes. I've bought a pack of throw away rain ponchos, which should last us, but I'll be taking a shower proof jacket as well. Take a good fleece to wear on deck, because there'll be quite a bit of sailing into the fjords and past volcanoes, so it can get really windy. If you're interested in the Blue Lagoon, take swim wear- towels are provided for swimming on the ship (along with face flannels, bath and hand towels) but you can take them off with you .

It will be warm enough inside the ship, but it's really about seeing the views from outside, so warm and comfy for me!:)

Enjoy!

Just remember, a cruise is just a holiday/vacation. There is no "right or wrong" way to vacation. Research your ports, so you get the most from your time ashore. Pack for the weather in the places you'll be....and enjoy your time off from work! Cruising is just a good time...enjoy!

elles5... try Googling the C&M page, as they're quite helpful about such things as what to wear on board, especially in the evening. They have 2 formal nights a week, when people really do dress up, so out come your best frocks or evening trousers. :) Men wear dinner jackets or suits. There are two other dress codes, one when you can wear the sort of clothes you'd wear for a dinner out, and the third you wear what you'd wear to the pub.

Daytime wear on board is what you'd wear on any holiday to a cool region, such as jeans and a top.

It's not really too complicated, as you can wear mix and match clothes- I take velvet and silky trousers, and long skirts, and a number of fancy tops, which can be used on any of these nights