Minivan Taxi to Warwick Long Bay Beach?

GradUT

I read an old post suggesting that some of the minivan bus drivers at the Docklands would take you to Warwick Long Bay Beach after dropping folks off at Horseshoe Bay Beach (for a couple extra dollars over the $7 fare to Horseshoe Bay). Is this still an option and has anyone done it recently? (We are going to Bermuda next week and we’d like to be dropped off at Warwick Long Bay and walk to Horseshoe Bay. But I don’t want to sound stupid for asking if this is not even a possibility for the minivan drivers.)

Your title is in error. Don't want people to be confused. The minivans are not a taxi, they are shared ride vans that charge a flat rate per person. Taxis are a metered charge for a trip and are not per person. Taxi meter rates are different for 1-4 passengers and more for 5-7. Plus taxis have a surcharge on Sunday and Holidays. Minibus rates are flat depending on destination.

Reports from this year on this forum, TripAdvisor and the social media are that for a dollar or two extra there are minibus drivers who will drop off at Warwick. Have not actually read a trip report that said a driver refused. Don't be embarrassed to ask.

We took a taxi (party of 7) with no trouble, and was less expensive than the minivan shuttles based on the pp rate. There were vans dropping passengers off every couple of minutes for the 45 minutes we were there. This was mid-July. We walked to Horseshoe so I don’t know if the availability going back to Dockyard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We took a taxi (party of 7) with no trouble, and was less expensive than the minivan shuttles based on the pp rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It always pays to do the math. When I have at least four I always take a taxi when going to the south shore beaches. Four will be about the same as a minibus, five to seven will be less expensive.

OP, I’m glad you plan on walking to Horseshoe once you get there. We overnighted in Bermuda in early August. The first day we had a private tour, and our guide stopped at several beaches (at our request, so we could see and decide for day two) on the way back to the ship. He showed us Warwick Long Beach and when we there two different parties came running up to us, asking if he was a taxi (yes) and could he take them to the Dockyard (no). He was a sweetheart and called a taxi service for both of them, but moral of the story: easy to get to, not so easy for return if no prior arrangements made.

Our party made the decision to go to Horsehoe the next day; I left early and had no problem getting a minivan and going on my way.

OP, I’m glad you plan on walking to Horseshoe once you get there. We overnighted in Bermuda in early August. The first day we had a private tour, and our guide stopped at several beaches (at our request, so we could see and decide for day two) on the way back to the ship. He showed us Warwick Long Beach and when we there two different parties came running up to us, asking if he was a taxi (yes) and could he take them to the Dockyard (no). He was a sweetheart and called a taxi service for both of them, but moral of the story: easy to get to, not so easy for return if no prior arrangements made.

Our party made the decision to go to Horsehoe the next day; I left early and had no problem getting a minivan and going on my way.

We took the bus there and then walked to Horseshoe and had a beautiful time at Jobson's Cove along the way.

Sent from my PH-1 using Forums mobile app

Approximately how long did the walk take?
We swam and snorkeled and explored, but if you just straight up walk maybe 30 minutes based on the distance? Hard to say. We took the bus and we were dripped off around 10 am I think and that beach was deserted. It was glorious. We got to Horseshoe in the afternoon and had lunch.

We swam and snorkeled and explored, but if you just straight up walk maybe 30 minutes based on the distance? Hard to say. We took the bus and we were dripped off around 10 am I think and that beach was deserted. It was glorious. We got to Horseshoe in the afternoon and had lunch.

Thank you for the reply. I think we will take the walk also and stop along the different beaches.

I believe it's $9 pp to Warwick long bay. The minibus pricing is based on now many parishes you are traveling to/from. WLB is in the next parish over from where Horseshoe is, so it's a little more money.

You are right about WLB being in the next parish from Horseshoe but that would make it $8 pp to Warwick Long Bay. Within one parish is $5. Second parish is an additional $2. So that’s the $7 to Horseshoe. Each additional parish after two parishes is $1 so $8 to Warwick, which is the amount a number of people have reported having paid to be dropped off there.

3221fbbbece5ce4f72e1bc04a965e493.jpg

33689148fcecb6fa049e9d1c7adaed25.jpg

Edited by Charles4515