Is it possible to buy the 15 ticket transportation booklets in St. George?

2kruzers

So I am trying to plan our family time in Bermuda and at this point, we plan to do one day in St. George with a visit to the Crystal Caves, lunch at Swizzle Inn, and time to explore the town. Another day going to the Zoo and Aquarium and then time exploring Hamilton, and on our departure day, we plan to stay close to the ship and explore Dockyard. If we did not have the free NCL ferry to St. George, I would just buy the 2 day transportation pass but I am thinking we could get away with an adult ticket book and a child's ticket book. If we took the NCL ferry to St. George on our first day, is there a place to buy the ticket books in St. George for the remainder of our travels?

Yes at the Post Office, Water St

SBtS

Has there been any recent verification of that? Not all post offices sell the ticket books, and none of the government websites say which post offices sell the ticket books, only that they "are available at many post offices".

So I am trying to plan our family time in Bermuda and at this point, we plan to do one day in St. George with a visit to the Crystal Caves, lunch at Swizzle Inn, and time to explore the town. Another day going to the Zoo and Aquarium and then time exploring Hamilton, and on our departure day, we plan to stay close to the ship and explore Dockyard. If we did not have the free NCL ferry to St. George, I would just buy the 2 day transportation pass but I am thinking we could get away with an adult ticket book and a child's ticket book. If we took the NCL ferry to St. George on our first day, is there a place to buy the ticket books in St. George for the remainder of our travels?

D. W. and i used the NCL ferry and a total of 10 Token's ( $45 ) on our recent 3 day stay.

At Penno's wharf Gate, the refreshment vendor sells them.

We purchased the 15 ticket transportation booklet in May 2016. As stated, we purchased it at the post office in St George. The tickets never expire, and we paid $37.50 US dollars...this works out to be $2.50 per ticket.

As we live in NJ and can hop on the Anthem with little advance planning, it works out for us. The tickets are one way and good on any bus or ferry in all 14 zones.

We purchased the 15 ticket transportation booklet in May 2016. As stated, we purchased it at the post office in St George. The tickets never expire, and we paid $37.50 US dollars...this works out to be $2.50 per ticket.

As we live in NJ and can hop on the Anthem with little advance planning, it works out for us. The tickets are one way and good on any bus or ferry in all 14 zones.

Thanks for the post. I was hoping someone would report they were able to buy the ticket books in 2017. In 30 years of vacationing in Bermuda I've learned that what happened one year isn't necessarily a good predictor of what happens the next year.

• 1 year later...

Thanks so much for this info. We purchased a booklet of zone 3 tickets in 2014, and have seven remaining, and I could not remember or figure out if we might need more than one ticket per person for a bus or ferry. This is great, as we will only be there two days, and will most likely only use the buses/ferries one day. So if there are two of us and we need round trip ferry rides and round trip bus rides (zone 3) we need 8 tickets, correct? It appears that we have 7, so would either need to purchase another book in Hamilton, or buy a token or have exact coins for one of the trips for one person, correct? And if paying in coins, it appears that the zone 3 bus would be cheaper than the ferries.

Thanks so much for this info. We purchased a booklet of zone 3 tickets in 2014, and have seven remaining, and I could not remember or figure out if we might need more than one ticket per person for a bus or ferry. This is great, as we will only be there two days, and will most likely only use the buses/ferries one day. So if there are two of us and we need round trip ferry rides and round trip bus rides (zone 3) we need 8 tickets, correct? It appears that we have 7, so would either need to purchase another book in Hamilton, or buy a token or have exact coins for one of the trips for one person, correct? And if paying in coins, it appears that the zone 3 bus would be cheaper than the ferries.

You say you have zone 3 tickets. That is not the terminology used. There are two types of tickets, 3 Zone tickets and 14 Zone tickets. The 14 Zone tickets are good for all zones. The 3 Zone tickets only for short rides on the bus and on the Pink ferry route. So for the Blue or Orange route ferries from the Dockyard to Hamilton and St. George you need 14 Zone tickets. If you have 14 zone tickets you are good for 7 trips. If you have 3 Zone tickets then it depends where you are going. They won't be good for the ferry from and to the Dockyard and they will only be good for long bus trips.

You say you have zone 3 tickets. That is not the terminology used. There are two types of tickets, 3 Zone tickets and 14 Zone tickets. The 14 Zone tickets are good for all zones. The 3 Zone tickets only for short rides on the bus and on the Pink ferry route. So for the Blue or Orange route ferries from the Dockyard to Hamilton and St. George you need 14 Zone tickets. If you have 14 zone tickets you are good for 7 trips. If you have 3 Zone tickets then it depends where you are going. They won't be good for the ferry from and to the Dockyard and they will only be good for long bus trips.

Thank you for the clarification. We have 3 zone tickets, so if I understand this correctly they would be good on the #7 bus between Hamilton and Elbow Beach or Fairmont Southampton or Horseshoe Bay, but not all the way back to the Dockyard. I am aware that you must have exact change for buses and ferries, and that for buses you must have coins. Must you also have coins for the ferries, or can you use $5 bills? Thanks!

Thank you for the clarification. We have 3 zone tickets, so if I understand this correctly they would be good on the #7 bus between Hamilton and Elbow Beach or Fairmont Southampton or Horseshoe Bay, but not all the way back to the Dockyard. I am aware that you must have exact change for buses and ferries, and that for buses you must have coins. Must you also have coins for the ferries, or can you use $5 bills? Thanks!

Yes, that is correct. As far as $5 bills on the ferries many have reported here that they took a $5 bill. I have always bought the tokens for $4.50 each which are sold at the Visitor Information Center in the dock terminal building so I never have paid with a $5 bill myself for the ferry so I can only report that they have taken $5 bills as second hand information.