Sake allowed as wine carry on?

CruisinWithDLS

Sake is brewed rice wine. Unlike most wines in which sugar in the fruit is fermented, sake is brewed similar to beer to get the starch (rice) to turn into sugar and ferment.

As for allowing sake to be brought on board ship, I would suspect if the bottle says "rice wine" you might be able to get through security in some ports. There are ports where security is much stricter in what is permitted to be brought on board.

Miami is one. I think Ft Lauderdale and Galveston are others. Port Canaveral can be or not be depending on the security detail where you walk through.

I usually bring a bottle of port and I've never had a problem. Obviously port isn't sake, and port is made from grapes, but it's also 19% alcohol.

The comment that every port is different is valid. I've walked thru security without being asked to open the bag with the wine in Galveston, and in Miami I've had security scrutinize each bottle to see if it had been refilled with something else. San Juan is the most lax, pretty sure you could roll a keg through security.