Quick Cheers Question

dkay1211

Sailing in December on Paradise and thinking of getting the Cheers package for the first time. If we haven't hit our 15 drinks yet and we are in our room wanting to just buy a bucket of beer from room service, will they sell it to us? I know Cheers doesn't include room service cocktails, but was wondering if they would allow us to buy it if we wanted to have drinks in the room. Just trying to make an informed decision. Thanks for any input. :D:D:)

If you want to drink in your room, just buy several beers shortly before you head to your room and put them in an ice bucket you can get from your room steward.

You can buy 3 beers in 10 minutes, you just have to wait 5 minutes between the first and second beer and another 5 minutes between the second and third beer.

Off 9/9 cruise with Cheers. Most bartenders will let you know when you hit 13 drinks. Before you hit 15 you can order anything if paying without Cheers. With Cheers bartenders are required to give you sodas and beers opened. Water was always given unopened. If you purchase out right without Cheers then you can get sodas and beer unopened. Never tried with beer but would visit the same bar with the same bartenders and usually tip extra. They would give me unopened sodas but request that I put them in my pocket.

Off 9/9 cruise with Cheers. Most bartenders will let you know when you hit 13 drinks. Before you hit 15 you can order anything if paying without Cheers. With Cheers bartenders are required to give you sodas and beers opened. Water was always given unopened. If you purchase out right without Cheers then you can get sodas and beer unopened. Never tried with beer but would visit the same bar with the same bartenders and usually tip extra. They would give me unopened sodas but request that I put them in my pocket.

This is what I did. Had the same bartender on the lido Never had a problem getting them unopened. Tipped him well in the beginning and the end. Same with soda. Got them unopened especially for when in Port to take with us

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2018 at 9:03 AM, dkay1211 said:

Sailing in December on Paradise...

Hi there!

If you would like to meet an excellent bartender, look for Arturo from the Philippines.  He worked at the Paris Bar (Starboard, aft) right across from Pizza.  He was an absolute pleasure on our last trip, and we ended up hanging out there more than anywhere else.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ImANewfie said:

Just to avoid confusion, this pre purchase is not included in the cheers package. 

Why not order beer as you are going back to your room during the day after lunch, pool, dinner, retiring for the evening, and simply ask that they NOT open them.   We gifted 21 unopened beer last month - to a couple we met on the cruise who were staying for the next week.. We had accumulated them throughout the cruise on the package, not opened.

Correct, it is not part of Cheers and you would be paying for it up front. 

We order ahead of time because we usually cruise with 8-10 family members and like to have some available in the room to share while getting ready for dinner or a show while not having to run to a bar to grab one on Cheers. We do however stock up on water and powerade whenever we go back to the room. 

• Like 1