Can I bring on a 12 pack of La Croix carbonated water?

firefly333

the rules state soda. I know its not soda, but is it allowed. I just want to make sure. me and my roomie both only drink carbonated water it seems.

It does come in cans, and its not my favorite flavors, but better than none.

So has anyone carried it on?

Sure....if you like the taste of sadness.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

thank you , ... sadness?

well i prefer krogers flavors to that brand, but that brand comes in cans.

wanted to clear things up before i told my roomie.

Im just anti La Croix haha, I love the canned flavored Perrier sparkling water. But Im sure there are some who think the Perrier tastes like sadness too. Everyone has their favorites!

Enjoy your trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I brought on a pack of canned sparkling water in San Juan. Nobody at security ever opened the carryon. It could have been beer.:D

The extent of secondary screenings varies greatly by port, and sometimes even week to week or sailing to sailing.

In my experience New Orleans is the worst; they will send you to a secondary screening area for any beverages you bring through the security checkpoint. They are not above cutting a 12-pack open to make sure you don't have beer cans inside, and my worst experience ever was there when they spent several minutes inspecting the seal and cork my (legitimate and allowed) bottle of wine because they were determined/convinced that I was smuggling liquor. That experience bordered on insulting/harassing.

In my experience New Orleans is the worst; they will send you to a secondary screening area for any beverages you bring through the security checkpoint. They are not above cutting a 12-pack open to make sure you don't have beer cans inside, and my worst experience ever was there when they spent several minutes inspecting the seal and cork my (legitimate and allowed) bottle of wine because they were determined/convinced that I was smuggling liquor. That experience bordered on insulting/harassing.

We sailed from New Orleans once, and I don't recall being caught. I did get summoned to the naughty room once, but I can't recall which cruise it was. My checked suitcase was flagged for inspection because it was loaded up with sodas, but they found no contraband.

I would much rather see the security staff looking for things which could cause a fire or harm someone, rather than trying to make a buck!

The extent of secondary screenings varies greatly by port, and sometimes even week to week or sailing to sailing.

They did that in Ft. Lauderdale. Everyone who had soda got sent to a secondary screening. I was kinda pissed at the 15 minute hold up.

But my roomie says carbonated water is all she drinks, and actually at home thats all i drink.

OK, ill look at perrier and my roomie says kroger has a canned brand called Fizz to look at.

i thought the rule said soda, so didnt know if they got stricter about what is soda. thanks all

They did that in Ft. Lauderdale. Everyone who had soda got sent to a secondary screening. I was kinda pissed at the 15 minute hold up.

But my roomie says carbonated water is all she drinks, and actually at home thats all i drink.

OK, ill look at perrier and my roomie says kroger has a canned brand called Fizz to look at.

i thought the rule said soda, so didnt know if they got stricter about what is soda. thanks all

You are also allowed to take water on board, just as long as it’s not in bottles. So water, whether still or bubbly, is ok.

I was completely thrown in Copenhagen recently, when the clerk asked me if I wanted water with gas. This was a small market across from hotel, and definitely no gas pumps around. LOL I learn something new every time I travel.

You are also allowed to take water on board, just as long as it’s not in bottles. So water, whether still or bubbly, is ok.

I was completely thrown in Copenhagen recently, when the clerk asked me if I wanted water with gas. This was a small market across from hotel, and definitely no gas pumps around. LOL I learn something new every time I travel.

lol

and Ive never tasted La Croix brand, but now i know it tastes like sadness hahahahaha

THIS is one of the reasons we don't sail out of NOLA (which is about 3-4 hrs farther away from us than Galveston is, actually). Every time we've sailed out of there (which has only been I think twice, maybe three times) it's been a total crapshow from the parking garage (people parking just any ol' where, including in spots that are definitely NOT parking spaces AND pulling their car up right in front of the elevator to load their luggage, blocking the row) to actually getting on the ship (terminal was overly chaotic, getting checked in was a hassle, and they ripped open our coke boxes and threw cans around to make sure they weren't beer/liquor when they were clearly cokes and the box hadn't been opened prior to that AT ALL).

They are MUCH more polite about it in Galveston.

lol I bought none of the water brands mentioned here. I was at Kroger last night and Dansani was on sale, and i got 3 flavors, 8 packs, so 24 total, berry, black cherry and raspberry lemonaide.

I hope Dansani brand doesnt taste like sadness too lol. If so Ill just look out at the ocean and smile.

THIS is one of the reasons we don't sail out of NOLA (which is about 3-4 hrs farther away from us than Galveston is, actually). Every time we've sailed out of there (which has only been I think twice, maybe three times) it's been a total crapshow from the parking garage (people parking just any ol' where, including in spots that are definitely NOT parking spaces AND pulling their car up right in front of the elevator to load their luggage, blocking the row) to actually getting on the ship (terminal was overly chaotic, getting checked in was a hassle, and they ripped open our coke boxes and threw cans around to make sure they weren't beer/liquor when they were clearly cokes and the box hadn't been opened prior to that AT ALL).

They are MUCH more polite about it in Galveston.

Im in the same position, where its 5 hours or more extra to get to New Orleans than Galveston.

Ive gone out of there when its hundreds of dollars cheaper, though not lately. I hadnt been even watching N.O. prices on cruises. Its about 10 hours or so from here there, a very long drive. And no ocean to stay on, and parking and hotels were more expensive ... though the hotel prices my date in nov seem to be more, so i guess I cant say that any more. There is a fishing tournament taking up most of the hotel rooms in Galveston my weekend.

To me unless you are a drinker the French Quarter has lost its appeal. I know of 2 people who were pick pocketed. One i roomed with on my cruise and she stayed a extra day. from the U.K. and she also lost her passport and everything and had to go to the consulate to get home.

I usually look at New Orleans pricing, but this time I didnt. I just didnt want to do that 10 hour drive.

the rules state soda. I know its not soda, but is it allowed. I just want to make sure. me and my roomie both only drink carbonated water it seems.

It does come in cans, and its not my favorite flavors, but better than none.

So has anyone carried it on?

I too drink mostly flavored sparkling water at home, I buy the Food Lion or the ALDI brands of it, they come in 12oz cans in 12 packs and are around half the price of the La Croix 8 packs. I took some on my cruise last year with no problem.

Since we had Cheers this last time, I didn't bring any, but I'd get club soda or Perrier with lemons and/or limes to get more or less the same thing :)

I looked at aldi and didnt see their brand yesterday. they had la croix for $4.29 for a 12 pack and another brand for $2.99 for a 8 pack, cheaper at kroger, $1.99 for the Dansani

Maybe our Aldi was just out at my store? I didnt see their brand. (and i looked just yesterday)

I looked at aldi and didnt see their brand yesterday. they had la croix for $4.29 for a 12 pack and another brand for $2.99 for a 8 pack, cheaper at kroger, $1.99 for the Dansani

Maybe our Aldi was just out at my store? I didnt see their brand. (and i looked just yesterday)

The ALDI brand is PurAqua Belle Vie, the 12 packs come in Lemon, Lime, Grapefruit and Plain, I think they are $2.29 at my ALDI. I like the Lemon the best, followed by the Lime. I don't know if they have them at all their stores or year round for that matter, we only started doing more of our shopping there in the past couple monthes after they opened a new store close to us.

https://www.aldi.us/en/be-inspired/summertime-fun/see-new-low-prices/see-new-low-prices-detail/ps/p/puraqua-belle-vie/

I brought a 12 pack of La Croix onto the Sunshine two weeks ago with no problem. We sailed out Port Canaveral and security never even gave a second glance at our soda Never inspected it or even took it out of the carry on bag. Same thing with the wine we brought on.

IMHO, flying into/out of NOLA is no picnic either! Rudest TSA agents I have ever encountered, to the point of physically grabbing my arm and shoving my where she wanted me to be. :mad:

We love visiting New Orleans, but not their transportation employees, LOL!