Steakhouse no longer $35

IntrepidFromDC

The change was posted earlier this week. Can't believe the criticism regarding a $3 increase. Geez

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

Some of us think the 35 a head was too much plus the extra tip they look for at the end of the meal.i tried it 2 times I can live without it.my wife prefer I throw steaks or lamb chops on the grill at home at least they get cooked to her liking.

Would you pay $100 to enter a restaurant and then another $38 per person to eat there? All those that think that they are just paying $38 per person each for the steakhouse are wrong. that's esentially what you're doing when you forget you already paid cruise fare to be fed. You paid XX amount to be fed each day in cruise fare and now you pay $38 more on top of that for the Steakhouse ...... Ask yourself what you really paid per person and I'll tell you it isn't $38. People have a right to be crabby about any price increases. The easy choice is not to go and not to pay.

• Like 1

What a convoluted way of looking at specialty dining. We absolutely love the fine dining option. The Steakhouse is worlds above the MDR. We have stayed at A.I.'s which have an upcharge for lobster, pretty simple, don't order it if you are offended.

SCpirate, why does your wife not get the temperature she ordered? You do not have to finish every bite to get your money's worth.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

What a convoluted way of looking at specialty dining. We absolutely love the fine dining option. The Steakhouse is worlds above the MDR. We have stayed at A.I.'s which have an upcharge for lobster, pretty simple, don't order it if you are offended.

Being aware of the total cost is not convoluted. Its called being an informed consumer.

While I'm at it, when people talk about what's "free"? Nails on a chalkboard to me. Nothing is free! But many things are included with the base fare.

Would you pay $100 to enter a restaurant and then another $38 per person to eat there?

Are you sayjng that a single MDR meal (which is all you forego as an opportunity cost) is worth $100? I'd say more like $16.95, which makes the total cost of the steakhouse meal under $55.

:cool:

If you round it, that's a 9% increase. Which exceeds inflation by quite a bit.

Not to confuse anyone (too late for that, right? ;-), I'm really just trying to stir the pot.

Not really. When was the last time the price increased? They don't increase the price $3 every year.

Not really. When was the last time the price increased? They don't increase the price $3 every year.

It’s been many years. I want to say I believe John said it’s been 5 years since they have increased the price. Not bad considering I’m sure the cost of food has gone up during those years, but they still waited to increase the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Princess is currently sitting at $29 for Crown Grill — only up $4 from when we first began sailing that line.

Princess still counts cruises toward the loyalty program, too. Has nothing to do with the price of steak on Carnival. If you want a valid cost comparison between cruise lines, you have to compare total costs, not individual line items.

Princess still counts cruises toward the loyalty program, too. Has nothing to do with the price of steak on Carnival. If you want a valid cost comparison between cruise lines, you have to compare total costs, not individual line items.

Crown Grill is a comparable restaurant to Carnival’s steakhouse. They both offer a similar menu with a similar upcharge rate on top of the base fare and included dining options.

Crown Grill is a comparable restaurant to Carnival’s steakhouse. They both offer a similar menu with a similar upcharge rate on top of the base fare and included dining options.

Base fare on Princess is typically higher than base fare on Carnival. Pre-ordered water on Princess is $6.90 vs $5.18 on Carnival. The list goes on.