Private Tour Question

Sharobson

I can't find many recent reviews of Tours with Ellis. I'm sure that's due to the hurricane. If you wanted to do an island tour with outskirts of rainforest and Old San Juan, would you go with Carlos Medina (Charlie's Custom Tours) or Tours with Ellis?:cool:

I just booked a personal tour with him for the first week of April. He’s extremely accommodating and responsive. For four and 1/2 hours the cost is $50 pp with a minimum of $150. Pick up is at CVS across from the port. He provides water. No deposit required. We dock at 12:00. Tour will be 12:30 to 5:00 pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We’ve done a tour with Charlie’s Custom Tours and just booked another tour with him for the spring. It was one of our favorite tours. He picked us up at our hotel, gave our tour, took pictures and emailed them to us, picked our luggage up at our hotel and dropped us off at port.

• 1 month later...

We only use Carlos Medina from Charlie's Custom Tours and he is passionate about providing A+ service and he delivers every time. Everyone in PR is still recovering from the devastating hurricanes of last year and all tour operators are hurting because of all the lost business. We will be in San Juan in June and again in December and have retained Charlie's Custom Tours both times......we cannot wait!!!!!

I am curious,with all the damage and closed off areas in the forests, where are you now able to travel on these tours? Are they able to provide an updated itinerary for December or is it still too early to really know?

Email Carlos and he will give you an idea of possible itineraries based on current conditions and what interests you.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have been on one tour with Ellis and worked with him to book two more that unfortunately were cancelled because of changes in plans. He is unbelievably helpful, even when he has nothing to gain, as was the case when he gave advice for OSJ, hotels, beaches and even a shout out to another tour guide. His tours are great, although somewhat altered due to the hurricane damage. If he doesn’t offer what you’re looking for, he’ll do his best to help you find a way to make it happen.